was this a good deal ?

Started by KevinP, November 27, 2017, 10:10:03 PM

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

Brutuz

For as far as I know that's half price  :)
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

KevinP

Now that I look at the pic. ...  the one I received has the remote.

Kevin
Albany, New York

Trophyhunter49

CraigH

Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

arkmaker †

That sure seems like a good price. I have been eyeing the printer for years and they alone usually run from 75-100 bucks.
The printer will make running a long string easy, plus I think it will give you the average and std deviation printed out.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

CraigH

Quote from: arkmaker on November 28, 2017, 01:39:07 PM
That sure seems like a good price. I have been eyeing the printer for years and they alone usually run from 75-100 bucks.
The printer will make running a long string easy, plus I think it will give you the average and std deviation printed out.
It does.   The manual is available online.    I was thinking of getting the printer, but I have an F-1 (with homemade remote - a momentary switch) and it is limited to a 32 shot string.   That was (still mostly is) completely adequate, but I cannot test longer shot strings.   Have been thinking of getting a CE Pro Digital that has an interface and software for Windows.   I tried using Chrono Connect but could not figure out drivers for the USB device than would connect to the F-1.  (Windows 10 issue - no driver that will work)
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

arkmaker †

I have one of the little gizmos that plugs in to my F1 and is suppose to recall the string one by one when finished. Bought it off the Yellow years ago. Never did figure it out properly and have not had the patience to try again. Mine looks like a homemade jobber with all the hardware stuffed in a short PVC tube. It did work some, buut then I was getting odd numbers that just did not make sense??
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

CraigH

I cannot recall at the moment (getting to be more and more of that) but I think only two of the stereo jack terminals are used to connect to a momentary switch.   Using the switch shorts out something and the chrony internals display in a predefined order as the switch is pressed   I do remember that:

String - will always be 1 on an F-1
Low
High
Average
Extreme Spread
Std Deviation
Number of shots
Last Shot
Next to Last Shot
First Shot

Or real close to that!   :D

If needed I will look for the jack terminals later this week.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

mudduck48

No KevinP, that was not a good deal. It was a GREAT! deal. Nice find. :-*
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

CraigH

Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

KevinP

Thanks all ...
I just wish it came with a better instruction manual ...  :(
skimpy at best ...
Kevin
Albany, New York

CraigH

Quote from: KevinP on November 29, 2017, 11:23:19 PM
Thanks all ...
I just wish it came with a better instruction manual ...  :(
skimpy at best ...

Check at:

www.shootingchrony.com

Or did you mean the manual is inadequate.    Online has both quick setup and detailed instruction manuals.

HTH
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

KevinP

Thank You  :)

online is much better ..... :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York