Issue with my Crosman 1377

Started by briant97, January 10, 2018, 06:34:11 AM

briant97

I can't get it to shoot. I put a seal kit in it and oiled it just a bit near the pump cup.  It no longer looses air like before but it won't shoot anything out the barrel.  I know this is pretty vague but don't know what else to say. I am trying to get this restored as it was my grandfather's.  We used to enjoy shooting it and now I want to do the same with my son.

plasticclassic

Did you replace the valve stem? If it's a brass stem it is bound to have dried up sealant in the back of it, and it will do exactly as you say, pump but not hold air, and not shoot anything out the barrel. You can replace the sealant with an oring, or put in a modern stem. The new stem is a very cheap part from Crosman. Don't give up on the gun you and your grandfather loved together. It is almost certainly repairable back to it's original functionality. ☺

briant97

I have not replaced the valve stem but I have replaced the o-rings on the end and the inside and that did not help.  I did see one on eBay but it was 29 dollars so I have not ordered it.  I think that one is for more performance.  I will call Crosman and see.  Funny you said the same thing my mom did don't give up on it.

plasticclassic

A new valve stem is probably 2-3 bucks at Crosman plus 4.00 flat shipping.

Replacement orings are 1.15 each (as of 03-2017), if you want to grab some spares of those. Order all the parts you want for 4.00 flat shipping.

It generally takes about 5 business days for me to get my Crosman order.

BillK

Quote from: plasticclassic on January 15, 2018, 01:32:51 AM
A new valve stem is probably 2-3 bucks at Crosman plus 4.00 flat shipping.

Replacement orings are 1.15 each (as of 03-2017), if you want to grab some spares of those. Order all the parts you want for 4.00 flat shipping.

It generally takes about 5 business days for me to get my Crosman order.

^^Agreed^^  You could just get a complete valve from Crosman for $10. or so & repair the old one when you can.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

briant97

Thanks guys I'll be ordering tomorrow.

mudduck48

The green goop dies, dig out the green goop then put an O-ring in it and enjoy. :)
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

briant97

There is no green goop left and where do I get that o-ring needed?

Brian

ped

bs008 fits those type stems but better just fitting the new style acetal stem
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

plasticclassic

Brian97, I meant to tell you before that you can find the evp to get your part numbers at Crosman.com

https://support.crosman.com/hc/en-us/sections/200658070-Crosman-Air-Pistols

The date of your gun is stamped on the side of the air tube. It's a code but you can probably figure it out, looking for.month and year, followed by serial number.