ned some help

Started by BigBoox, January 24, 2018, 02:56:12 PM

BigBoox

I have two 38 t revolvers that do not work. Basically they have sat around for decades and are probably dried out.  Is there an easy fix or should I send them out? What do i look for to give you more information?

arkmaker †

Why don't they work? What is happening? Sometimes knowing the symptom helps with the cure.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

BigBoox

both guns loose air as sonn as I install new cartridge. It should be simple, but I don't know what to buy, just orings, complete kit or some combination, and then how easy is it to fix?

ped

better getting a full seal kit for each not hard to rebuild just fiddly
if unsure I'm sure someone will recommend a repairer
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

Brutuz

If you can remove the seal without dissassembly, remove it an put it in a cup with hot tap water for a whil, it might revive, it might not...

My wife's nail kit has a thingy with a kind of round pick, very small, you might use something like that to lift the seal out.
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

Multigunner

Order the complete seal kits. If one has sit around for years its best to do a full rebuild than to have to keep going in as seals fail one after the other.
Once you reseal everything it should last for many years of good shooting.

Complete kits run just under $30.