A face lift for my Prod

Started by Wayne52 †, February 21, 2018, 06:15:23 AM

Wayne52 †

Recently I installed a JSAR balanced valve in my Prod, I must say that I'm impressed, right now I have the stock hammer and spring in it and it's truly a hammer indeed.  The valve with my present components is very adjustable for many different tunes as well, it's capable of a great 16, 24 and 32 shot strings if I choose however I'll probably continue with the stock (heavy) hammer doing a good 16 shot string averaging 30fpe, I'm not a paper puncher but a hunter.  I had this gun out a few days ago doing some 50 yard shooting in the woods and was dumbfounded at the accuracy of a 12" barrel with the JSB18.13's.  All I can say is watch out ground hogs because last spring I had to pass you guys up with this gun but not anymore  ;D  I simply enjoy carrying this little carbine because it's about the easiest little carbine I've ever had to use in the woods.

Modified Prod, 2300T, 2240 & 38T, bunch of Crosman 150's including a Ted Williams and a S&W78G

Trophyhunter49

??? what kind of valve are you using?  ???

Wayne52 †

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on February 21, 2018, 01:10:25 PM
??? what kind of valve are you using?  ???
It's a balanced valve made by Jefferson State Air Rifle http://www.jsairrifles.com/P-Rod-SS-Balanced-Valve_p_13.html they also make them for the Mrod as well, I made a mistake on my orignal post, I said FSAR instead of JSAR so I did amend it.  They're a little on the pricey side but man do they work!

Here's 8 shot strings with different pellets, in this pic the hammer spring is backed off all the way, for the better 16 shot strings I'd have to use the lighter hammer.  I've got a new LDC coming for it that'll be here Friday.  The last time I had it out it destroyed the TKO, it was very cold and the LDC just couldn't take it.  The one that I have coming for it is guaranteed to work and it's actually been tested by the maker on a few different guns that produce much higher energy than my Prod

Modified Prod, 2300T, 2240 & 38T, bunch of Crosman 150's including a Ted Williams and a S&W78G

Trophyhunter49

That's not a bad price ! The Cothran valves are in the same price range !  I have several of them but not any of his Prod or Mrod valves. That's some good numbers too ! I may have to try one of the Prod valves out in one of my Disco builds.  ;) ;)