old 1377

Started by Jimbo, April 02, 2018, 01:45:19 AM

plasticclassic

Quote from: Jimbo on April 03, 2018, 05:22:07 PM
As soon as I can find something that tells me the part # and the name of the part I think I'm just gonna order what I need to get it working again.

Okay, here are the part numbers with description to reseal your 1377 as is. This doesn't include anything to modify or upgrade the 1377 from its original design.

1322A013     That is for a complete valve assembly, the whole valve, you can either use the valve as is and just swap it out for the one that's in yours now, or if you do have a brass valve and you want to use it instead of the aluminum one, you can take the parts out of this aluminum one that you're buying and shift those parts over to your brass one, either way it should hold air after that.

760-140     That part number is for a rubber pump cup that goes on the end of your piston so when you use the pump arm, air is pumped into the valve. You may have either a steel piston or a plastic piston, the part number for this pump cup is the same either way.

130-036     Breech gasket.

130-032     This part number is for the O ring that goes around the bolt, to seal the bolt to the breech after loading your pellet. It would be good to order a couple of these, because you have might have to replace occasionally, maybe say every year or so. If you keep this o-ring oiled a little with some Pelgun oil, it will last a long time. I think these O-rings are 1.10 each.

0241  That's the number for Pelgun oil that will keep your seals oiled and working.

What do you want to do about the grips?

plasticclassic

You should watch this how to video that was made by one of our original members, it's very informative and it will show you how to disassemble and reassemble your 1377 and you will learn more about what each part is and how it functions.

https://youtu.be/aLSnFP1hSEU

Jimbo

I think I'd be fine with the factory grips and I've all ready printed off that schematic from Crosman but it just gives numbers not parts names. On my gun there's a part it looks like #130-030 that goes thru the tube and holds the barrel, tube and front sight all together, it is missing the retaining ring.

rangerfredbob

That is the model he has, to update to a bolt probe you need the part numbers of a new one which is HERE

They don't seem to have the table in the diagram anymore for some reason (I think that used to be on the price list portion, and so they could change prices they took that sheet off). As for who to order from, JG will most likely have everything you want but you will pay 4x as much for it and shipping will be higher. With Crosman small parts are $4 shipping and cheap, if you order a barrel (even a short one for some reason) they have changed to $11 shipping I believe.

Since it's lunch time and I have a couple minutes:
Barrel 1377-075 (.177) 1322-064 (.22)
valve assembly 1322A013
valve O ring 130-035
transfer port 1322A026
transfer port seal 130-036
plastic breech top part 1377-074
plastic breech bottom 1377-077
plastic breech bolt 1377A062 (.177) 1322-063 (.22)
small front breech screw 1322B027 (I'm not sure of the threads in your original tube, someone will have to chime in... modification or a tube change might be necessary)
bolt O ring 397-062 (.177) 970-028 (.22)
pump cup 760-140

It's been a while since I've ordered parts so I don't know current prices, I don't have the stock part number handy but I think it's 1399A01 or similar...
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

plasticclassic

Grips -

I have heard that the original plastic checkered grips might n0 longer be available in brown from the Crosman parts department. Does anyone know for sure? As others have said in this thread there are other good options from other Crosman pistols. You can get the evps for all of those from Crosman, and it should be easy to find the part number for a grip on the schematic. If you have a particular one in mind someone can probably tell you the number.

Jimbo

Well I didn't order parts yet but I did take it all apart and found out a few things. It does not have a rifled barrel and the tip of the bolt probe is magnetic. The transfer port has an "o" ring for the gasket where as my 2260 does not. I could not get the tp to push down into the "o" ring and stay, I just had to squeeze it between the tube and the barrel and then tighten down the breech screw. There is some kind of thick foamy type gasket on the piston arm that looks pretty worn, like I said the paper work that I printed off doesn't tell me what the name of these parts are. The pin that holds the cocking arm to the tube is missing a retaining clip so it comes out real easy. The diagram doesn't show a retaining clip but there is a definite spot for one on the pin. In my opinion the tp seemed worn and the plastic breech also. As far as the grips go if they are not available any longer couldn't I just order a set from a more current model?

Jimbo

A little up date, I may be wrong about not having a rifled barrel but if it does I couldn't see it. And it does have a brass valve.

Multigunner

Thousands of shots with steel BBs can wear out the shallow rifling over time.

On the other hand I've cleaned up what looked to be a smooth bore using a bristle brush and found rifling lurking underneath accumulated crud.

Jimbo

You're probably right it is suppose to have a rifled barrel. Does anyone know the part # of that spongy gasket on the piston arm?

rangerfredbob

Crosman stopped using that felt wiper in the 80's or 90's, so there is not a replacement... it's not 100% necessary, would be nice if they still used it but don't have that option...
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

plasticclassic

You can get a good replacement for that oil wiper at the hardware/home improvement store. It is called a "felt Bonnet packing" and it's in the plumbing section, seems like it might be around the faucets and such. You need to get one that matches the outside diameter of your piston. Here is a picture of one but this isn't necessarily the right size. I'm just showing you a picture of what the package will kinda look like, they're about a dollar or so apiece when you buy them this way, they work well.

https://www.doitbest.com/products/453173

Jimbo

Thanks , I'll run over to maynerds and pick one up I noticed the one in there now is oil soaked.

Multigunner

Quote from: Jimbo on April 06, 2018, 02:32:46 PM
You're probably right it is suppose to have a rifled barrel. Does anyone know the part # of that spongy gasket on the piston arm?

I just remembered seeing a list of Crosman pistols that listed a few normally rifled models that were also available in limited editions with smoothbore barrels.

If you were to decide to get a rifled barrel for this model I'm pretty sure that the recent model barrels do not fit when using the old style receiver. I could be wrong though.

BillK

Quote from: rangerfredbob on April 06, 2018, 04:01:17 PM
Crosman stopped using that felt wiper in the 80's or 90's, so there is not a replacement... it's not 100% necessary, would be nice if they still used it but don't have that option...

About half way down the page is an "oil wiper".  As mentioned, it is not necessary and may only prolong oiling.  It seems like a good option but, who knows.  I have used one  on a 130 and really don't see any difference between just looking at the Oring, when pumping, and seeing if it is wet (oiled) or dry.

http://www.airgunsmith.com/cros1377/cros1322-77cart.htm

Note:  AGS has very good parts and they charge accordingly.  Many/most of the Mellon Air parts are a great part & I use them with success & save a few $.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Jimbo

My parts should be in today from Crosman. I ordered the two "o" rings for the brass valve that I have but I wanted to order all new inards for it too but the guy at Crosman said that they were no longer available and that the aluminum one is different inside so I went ahead and ordered it too. I also ordered the pump cup and the bolt probe "o" ring. I have a couple of questions yet tho,the pin that holds the cocking arm on is grooved on one end for what I assume is a retaining ring which I don't have and without it the pin falls out very easily. Then I read somewhere that the transfer port goes big side down but for the life of me I can't see a difference both sides look the same to me and it seems to fit either way or am I missing something?