old 1377

Started by Jimbo, April 02, 2018, 01:45:19 AM

plasticclassic

Rebuild the brass valve you have with the innards of your new aluminum one from Crosman or just set the brass one aside for now altogether and use the aluminum valve.
      The part that holds the pump arm linkage is called a roll pin or pump pin, maybe yours has been changed over to a non stock part somewhere along the way, because I haven't ever heard of the type you are describing being on a stock pistol. Maybe you could put an oring or c-clip in the groove for now. They have some new pins on eBay, search Crosman roll pin or Crosman pump pin.
      The metal transport sleeve fits snug in the rubber o ring that sits on the valve through the tube when you go to reassamble. It only fits snug one way.

Jimbo

Well my parts came in and all I did was switch out  the "o" ring on the bolt probe, put on the new pump cup, and replace the two "o" rings on the brass valve. The sucker is working like a champ. So I called my brother and told him that the ol 1377 was back in business and that I was headed to Cabelas to get some .177 pellets. He said stop by I got pellets for you and the owners manuel. I've now got all of the original paper work that came with the gun and it is pristine!

mudduck48

Well, good for you. Now you have something to shoot. 8)
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Jimbo

Two issues I do have tho, the little breech screw I think might be stripped, I don't dare tighten it any more and the safety is working backwards and is kinda loose. I think I may have put it back in wrong?

Jimbo

I did figure out the safety, I looked how it was positioned in the schematics and finally realized that they were showing it positioned the wrong way, it's all good now. Man you sure gotta be careful with that little spring and ball bearing tho, they could easily be lost.

Jimbo

I did put on black plastic grips from Crosman that fit and then I took off the forearm and painted it black to match, but now the forearm pins fall out after pumping it a few times.

BillK

I got some pins for you. :)
Sent PM...
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

1377x

to switch to bolt action these are the parts needed
breech with old screw location steel , aluminum, brass, plastic your choice.
a new style barrel length optional. if going with a longer than stock barrel you can either free float the barrel ( no accuracy issues ) ream the stock barrel band or get an after market barrel band. caliber optional ( .177/ .22 ) and bolt to match stock, brass, aluminum, steel, extended probe or hollow probe
new style transfer port. if you have the transfer port with one long side and one short side then you will want to switch to the new style which is equal on both sides reducing or eliminating any leaks at that point.
another great option is a stainless steel slotted or Philips 4-48 screw. sure beats the heck out of the stock allen key screw.
I believe that covers converting the upper into the new style 
closed mouths dont get fed