Whose grips are these?

Started by cobalt327, April 28, 2018, 07:45:22 AM

cobalt327

The photo was posted by CAPOF member Sandpiper. He' hasn't been back for quite awhile so I can't ask him. So does anyone recognize these grips?

Thanks.

Mark

CraigH

I do not know, but must say the grips are fabulous!   The figure is exquisite, having a perfectly balanced subtlety, and I like the stain finish.

Edit:   That's satin finish!     (Slowly losing my mind)
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

BillK

The grips look like "Ricks" over the safety style.  He signed the inside of ea. grip & wrote "made in Chicago" & the date.  He quit around 2014.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

cobalt327

Thanks for that tip on the 'Ricks' grips being signed. I agree- they do look killer. I'm thinking that these grips might be the same as what Quickster47† used on his target gun, the "Marksman", shown below.

ETA- Anyone know who makes the scope mount below? The scope is a fixed power Bugger.

Late last night I came across a post from 2012 that mentions this gun: "Here's my trusty old 2300KT with the Lothar-Walter barrel that I've shot many 144 scored competitions." What does the score of 144 mean?

Thanks!

Mark

Edited to correct screen name.

cobalt327

HappyHunter

Quote from: cobalt327 on April 28, 2018, 08:04:47 PM
What does the score of 144 mean?

It means a perfect score in the CAPOF target comps...i.e- all shots on target in the "X"  ;)
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

ped

scope mount is a paintball one look on rap4 sight as they used to sell them
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

Rualert

I have one exactly like it that says "BT Paintball Design" in the little logo on the side. Think I snagged it off E-Bay or one of the local paintball shops.

Casey

cobalt327

Carl liked that riser, used it on several builds and some are among the pistols being sold recently. He also favored BKL rings and a couple flavors of BugBuster scopes. I believe the one here is fixed power but by what I've seen mostly he used variable power scopes.

arkmaker †

Yep, Ricks. unmistakable...
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

cobalt327

T191032

"Late last night I came across a post from 2012 that mentions this gun: "Here's my trusty old 2300KT with the Lothar-Walter barrel that I've shot many 144 scored competitions." What does the score of 144 mean?

Thanks!

Mark"

Mark, when I was running the Comps, he was acing the Comps.  Shooting the Benchrest targets, you got a score of 144 if you hit the center of all 12 targets.  And he did . . . Thanks for the picture, I don't recall if I had ever seen the picture he used to do so with.   :)
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

cobalt327

Thanks, T191032.

It's a beautiful gun with the grips and brass and I am fortunate to have acquired it. My problem is the grips and scope setup it came with just doesn't fit my offhand plinking type of shooting. I have some hard decisions to make...

spider1960

I have a pair of Rick's rosewood ambi grips and pumper arm on a 1377. The grips are by far the most comfortable I have. Works of art!

Dennis