Need part numbers for open sights

Started by cobalt327, May 01, 2018, 11:02:52 PM

cobalt327

I'm in need of two different Crosman rear sight part numbers, I cannot find either of them on any of the Crosman EVPs.
I'd be happy to buy these used, but it might be better to ask on the classifieds

• 760 sight (and elevator) that clips onto the 7/16" OD barrel
  • Williams open sight like used on the 2300S pistol
Thanks for any help!

Mark

CraigH

I think the Sheridan 2260MB CO2 rifle had the same or similar sight.   May be 788-102.   ???

EDIT:  Now I'm pretty sure - 788-102.   It's on the Model 782 EVP.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

cobalt327

Thanks Mudduck, and thanks CraigH- you guys are tops!!

BillK

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Crosman_Williams_Rear_Sight_Notched_Blade_Elevation_Windage_Adj_3_8_Mount/2008

10% off discount code for Pyramyd Air:  AG-2018-1B    Its good until 5-31-18

I don't see (pun intended) much difference in sighting a target between the Williams and the MIM.  The Williams has more elevation adjustment but, most front sight posts can be altered, if necessary, to use the MIM sight.  On most Crosman pistols with Crosman barrel brakes & sight pins, no adjustments, over normal, are necessary.

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Crosman_LPA_MIM_Rear_Sight_For_Crosman_Guns_with_a_Steel_Breech/4385
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

cobalt327

Thanks, Bill. I have seen the Williams at PA but wanted to see if there was any significant difference in cost buying it from Crosman, seeing as how I'm about to put in an order. But I'm thinking Crosman doesn't have a number for the Williams. No p/n, no quote. 

Unfortunately the LPA won't work- breech doesn't have a transverse dovetail. :(

Jimbo

I have the sights off of my 2260 and since I have a scope on it I don't need them, if they will work you can have them.

CraigH

As BillK said, on most Crosman setups the MIM has enough adjustment, but I had one arrangement on which the MIM did not work.   (I really only bought it for appearance as open sights do not work for me)

PM if you want to try it.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

cobalt327

Quote from: Jimbo on May 02, 2018, 02:27:21 PM
I have the sights off of my 2260 and since I have a scope on it I don't need them, if they will work you can have them.
Thanks Jimbo! I'll PM you and see if we can hash out something.

cobalt327

Quote from: CraigH on May 02, 2018, 02:34:43 PM
As BillK said, on most Crosman setups the MIM has enough adjustment, but I had one arrangement on which the MIM did not work.   (I really only bought it for appearance as open sights do not work for me)

PM if you want to try it.
That's a cool offer, Craig, and thank you very much! The sight is for a 2400 carbine setup. My problem is, I cannot use the LPA MIM sight because I need it to be mounted either forward of the breech or on the muzzle end of the breech, but there's no dovetail for it there. If I mounted it "normally", it would be too close to my eyes for me to use it as a carbine. If I was using it as a pistol it'd be perfect.

FWIW I ran into the same thing when I put a carbine stock on my CP-1M. The pistol sight was too close to my eyes and there was a tiny length of dovetail forward of the loading port where the sight needed to go. I ended up using a modified Daisy 953 sight. After reshaping it and cutting the top of the sight flat, it actually works well even though I'm not wild about FO sights.

Ain't gonna win no beauty pageants, that's for sure! lol

CraigH

Cobalt327 and Jimbo,

Ensure that sight is from a Sheridan (sic) 2260MB, not a Crosman 2260 (standard or CCS).  They are different - unless Crosman has made a chagne   :o.    Just saying, because Jimbo's post states "2260".   :)
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

Jimbo

cobalt327

Quote from: CraigH on May 02, 2018, 09:59:22 PM
Cobalt327 and Jimbo,

Ensure that sight is from a Sheridan (sic) 2260MB, not a Crosman 2260 (standard or CCS).  They are different - unless Crosman has made a chagne   :o.    Just saying, because Jimbo's post states "2260".   :)
Thanks for the heads-up!

cobalt327

I wanted to add that I did get a part number for the Crosman/Williams notched sight. It is part number 0066N, cost is $62.99 plus $4.00 shipping. Crosman nō longer carries the peep version.

Why does the software insert "[/youtube]" when I type "nō longer" normally??