2289 STOCK PIN?

Started by cobalt327, May 07, 2018, 06:02:36 AM

cobalt327

On the 2289 EVP there's a pin shown that looks like it sits inside the shoulder stock. I'm wondering what it's for- all I can come up with without seeing it in person is the 'nub' on the bottom of the frame locates on it to secure the stock better. Is that the deal, or ?

Thanks, Mark

rws_53

It's actually a pad that's supposed to take the wobble out of the quick-detach BackPacker stock by shimming up the space between stock and bottom of grip frame.  You could cut you own out of some felt or rubber of the thickness required to take the slop out and then glue it in.  Fits in the channel of stock as shown. 

Uploaded at Snapagogo.com

cobalt327

Ahh, that makes sense- thanks!  :-*

I wouldn't expect this type stock to be as secure as the screwed on stock, but when it's used w/the pad you show, does it fit relatively tightly? I wouldn't want something that felt loose.

rws_53

Quote from: cobalt327 on May 07, 2018, 01:51:47 PM

I wouldn't expect this type stock to be as secure as the screwed on stock, but when it's used w/the pad you show, does it fit relatively tightly? I wouldn't want something that felt loose.

The key word was that the pad Crosman put in the stock was "supposed" to tighten up the fit.  May have helped some but the pad should have been a lot thicker...so if you make your own make it thick enough so the stock will just barely clear the take down pin when pushing the stock on.

cobalt327

Noah

Quote from: cobalt327 on May 07, 2018, 01:51:47 PM

Good call - I didn't see that coming. I, too, thought the diagram showed a pin of some sort. Very useful for future reference with my pistols and a 1399 grip stock.
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

arkmaker †

Ahh! Learned something new today😜
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

ped

the felt disks that you stick under chair legs work well for this
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com