Williams peep on 2240 plastic breech?

Started by cobalt327, May 15, 2018, 04:22:47 PM

cobalt327

Folks, I'm unable to answer a question about one of Quickster47's guns that was recently put up for sale (they can be seen HERE).

The sight shown below looks to me like a Williams WGRS-54/ghost ring. But that sight fits a dovetail grooved receiver and the 2240 plastic receiver lacks a DT. Only thing that comes to mind is the use of the breech plug screw to secure the sight- but I don't know if the sight has an existing hole to use, or if a hole could be made. So if anyone can tell me how Carl attached this sight, I'd appreciate it. Or if I'm wrong about what I think I'm seeing, don't hesitate to correct me!

Once again, thanks for the help.

Mark

BillK

https://williamsgunsight.com/product/williams-wgrs-54/
Take a look at the bottom row & you can see the set screw under the elevation ramp.
Putting in a # 6 or #8 set screw and screwing into the breech is doable.  Appears the front part of the sight has been cut off.

This is a cut down Williams sight used on he Discovery.  I dremeled enough room in the breech for a nut to hold down the sight.
The ghost ring sight blades will fit the Disco/Wms sight.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

cobalt327

The sight does look bobbed off. I actually recently read a 4 y/o thread where you were posting about fitting the Discovery sight and a Crosman break barrel sight to a plastic breech, IIRC the thread's OP was stonykill. Good stuff!

T191032

"So if anyone can tell me how Carl attached this sight, I'd appreciate it."

If his mind couldn't come up with a way, he found someone who would.  That's why we have a boatload of info thanks to him.  LOL   :-*
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.