1701P trigger from product page

Started by cobalt327, May 20, 2018, 10:47:04 PM

cobalt327

Notice the trigger... I suppose the pistol shown on the product page was a pre-production model mocked up for the photo. 

CraigH

From any product back page or manufacturer's legal small print:  "We reserve the right to make improvements and changes without prior notice."     ;D

But sharp eye, Mark!    8)
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

cobalt327

This came about from me looking for a photo to use as a comparison to tell whether one of Quickster47's guns (#7 below) has a 1701P trigger, or what. The problem is, Carl's gun was photographed w/a phone- at least that's the quality I'm seeing. So to my eyes there's no definite answer although if I was asked today what I thought it was I'd recant my earlier guess of it being a stock 2240 type trigger and would say it's probably a 1701P trigger. That could change tomorrow, though! The gun in question is below- maybe your eyes and advanced experience can tell...  ???

It appears to be a 1707-P trigger with a shoe on it.  I have several.   :)
Stranded in California.

cobalt327

:-*

The original photo we had to work with before I tweaked it is below. Leaves a lot to be desired for detail! haha

ped

to my eyes it appears to have the hole for adjusting the two stages and the stop screw is the correct one and not a plain grubscrew
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

cobalt327

cobalt327

Unrelated but didn't think this needed another thread- I see on my order form for the 2240, etc. sear, it's called a "Sear, STP Pistol". So what does STP stand for?

CraigH

I really don't know, but:

For 22XX, etc  --  Standard Trigger, Pistol
For 1701, etc   --  Special Trigger, Pistol

??? ??? ???

Or perhaps it is treated with a oil additive.    :D
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

cobalt327

For 22XX, etc  --  Standard Trigger, Pistol
;D It was a 'standard' 2240 part, so maybe...