CO2 with Oil

Started by RetatCDude, August 04, 2018, 03:21:25 AM

RetatCDude

Did you ever use these or something like it:
Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL

BillK

I thought I had read somewhere  ??? that Crosman carts had some oil in them.  I still use a mini-drop of Tims Secret Sauce on the cart tips anyway.
I know nothing about the Walther.

Thinking about it though I would still use a mini drop of S.S. on the cart tip just to help keep the cart from sticking to the valve.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

RetatCDude

I'm with you Bill.
I have a vial of Tim's secret sauce to lube the hinges on the C9A.
Too, I mixed a couple tubes of CRosman's pellgun oil with it for the CO2.
I just saw this on YouTube and was wondering.
Amazon UK sells it..
Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL

ss23

Quote from: RetatCDude on August 04, 2018, 03:21:25 AM
Did you ever use these or something like it:
My buddy was having trouble with his Korean co2 pistol leaking air a couple of months, and ask me to look at it.
He had been using Daisy co2 cartridges and they were leaking down. A quick call to Unmrex repair center said the parts were no longer available, but advised me to use unmrex co2 cartridges since they were longer. Bought a box off of Amazon and problem solved. No more leaks!
Short story these Walther cartridges look exactly like the Unmrex cartridges, they are a bit longer than the Daisy and Crosman.

ss23

Quote from: ss23 on August 05, 2018, 01:27:15 AM
My buddy was having trouble with his Korean co2 pistol leaking air a couple of months, and ask me to look at it.
He had been using Daisy co2 cartridges and they were leaking down. A quick call to Unmrex repair center said the parts were [/youtube] available, but advised me to use unmrex co2 cartridges since they were longer. Bought a box off of Amazon and problem solved. No more leaks!
Short story these Walther cartridges look exactly like the Unmrex cartridges, they are a bit longer than the Daisy and Crosman.
For these in the know. I did not write youtube in brackets.

Noah

Quote from: ss23 on August 05, 2018, 01:27:15 AM

Are you able to measure how much longer they are?  ???
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

CraigH

On the length, Crosman CO2 cartridges are 3.259", Daisy and Umarex are 3.264".    I would not think 0.005" makes any difference.   I have used all without leaks.

Umarex insists, of course, on the use of their cartridges because of purity.   Of the three cartridges mentioned above, Crosman have the most residue inside, Daisy and Umarex, in all probability, made in the same Taiwan factory, are quite clean inside.

Relating to the OP, the Crosman cartridges may have a minuscule amount of oil inside.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

ss23

Quote from: Noah on August 05, 2018, 02:23:57 AM
Are you able to measure how much longer they are?  ???
Sorry, I just compared the two cartridges side by side.
I no longer have them, I gave them back to my friend.

ped

afaik the slight residue of oil is from the swaging of the co2 cart in crosman ones
on the maintenance carts why would you use them over a drop of lube on the tip as they're quite dear for carts
designed to extract money from the unimformed or gullible people imo and sadly shops will recommend them just for the sale
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

Multigunner

Quote from: ss23 on August 05, 2018, 01:29:48 AM
For these in the know. I did not write youtube in brackets.

I've wondered about this having seen it happen with many posts. it seems to always take the place of a negative word.