Found in the back drawer today Crosman Model 1000

Started by ss23, August 30, 2018, 11:28:55 PM

ss23

I had forgotten about this one. It still shoots.
Co2 and BB's.

thestarlingassassin

i wish i could find cool stuff like that in my drawers,all i have is crap lol
will test airguns for free :)

Brutuz

Ooooo that's a wannahave  :)

Good you found it again  :-*
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

rws_53

is your's a model 1000?  I've got a Model 1600 that looks the same

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

ss23

Quote from: rws_53 on August 31, 2018, 05:04:23 PM
is your's a model 1000?  I've got a Model 1600 that looks the same

[/quoteTitle is typo error. It is a model 1600.
What year did they make them?
I was just going through a couple of old drawers yesterday and came up with it. There's no telling of what is hiding away in my junk room?

rws_53

Quote from: ss23 on August 31, 2018, 07:33:47 PM

What year did they make them?
I was just going through a couple of old drawers yesterday and came up with it. There's no telling of what is hiding away in my junk room?

info as found on Crosman site https://www.crosman.com/discover/crosman/crosman-product-dates

Crosman 1600 was made 1979-1990

narrow down the year of manufacture using the serial number as described below

Crosman Product Dates of Manufacture

This page will help you ascertain when your Crosman gun was in production. In the year 1975 Crosman Corporation began to use a serial number system that can help you identify when your gun was made. Prior to 1975 our serial number system was limited only to warranty concerns.

In order to be more accurate, you can use the serial number as an indicator.

If your Crosman airgun was manufactured after July of 1975, the first three or four digits of the serial number indicate the month and year the gun was built. For example if the first three or four digits of the serial number were 1179 or N79 then your gun was manufactured in November of 1979.

If your gun was manufactured prior to July of 1975, you can use the chart below to ascertain the years of manufacture, but you will not be able to ascertain the exact date.

ss23

Quote from: rws_53 on September 01, 2018, 12:39:29 PM
info as found on Crosman site https://www.crosman.com/discover/crosman/crosman-product-dates

Crosman 1600 was made 1979-1990

narrow down the year of manufacture using the serial number as described below

Crosman Product Dates of Manufacture

This page will help you ascertain when your Crosman gun was in production. In the year 1975 Crosman Corporation began to use a serial number system that can help you identify when your gun was made. Prior to 1975 our serial number system was limited only to warranty concerns.

In order to be more accurate, you can use the serial number as an indicator.

If your Crosman airgun was manufactured after July of 1975, the first three or four digits of the serial number indicate the month and year the gun was built. For example if the first three or four digits of the serial number were 1179 or N79 then your gun was manufactured in November of 1979.

If your gun was manufactured prior to July of 1975, you can use the chart below to ascertain the years of manufacture, but you will not be able to ascertain the exact date.
Thank You rws_53,
That is good info.
My serial number on the frame:  185220262     The second number is hard to read. I assume it is an 8.
Dennis