22xx Trigger Frame Side Plate

Started by ss23, October 19, 2018, 09:56:35 PM

ss23

I need to know if any of the Crosman 22xx models or relatives have a metal side cover made by Crosman. If so what is model and part number.
Dennis

CraigH

Early 22XX/13XX grip frames had a metal side plate, but they had 2 screws vs the current 3 screw plastic side plates.   Somewhere here on CAPOF is a write up.   Here is another:

http://www.canadianairguns.com/showthread.php?748-Crosman-2240-1377-trigger-modification
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

Noah

Quote from: CraigH on October 19, 2018, 10:50:13 PM
Early 22XX/13XX grip frames had a metal side plate, but they had 2 screws vs the current 3 screw plastic side plates.   Somewhere here on CAPOF is a write up.   Here is another:

http://www.canadianairguns.com/showthread.php?748-Crosman-2240-1377-trigger-modification

There used to be a seller on eBay who made such covers, but I can't seem to find any today.
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

CraigH

The metal trigger side cover plate Noah is referring to is made by Magnum Air Power (www.magnumairpower.com).   It is made of aluminum, plain or black anodized.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

ss23

Quote from: CraigH on October 19, 2018, 10:50:13 PM

Thanks Craig,
Good read. Second comment from Sholo about the ball bearing on top of the trigger, "Drill a 3/32" hole 1/16" deep in the top of the trigger lobe, put a dab of grease/moly paste in the hole, and take the ball bearing from your safety (who uses the safety anyways, right?) and pop it in. Done deal! The ball bearing is much harder material than the trigger lobe and super smooth, plus there is a much smaller contact area between the two. Once you smoothen out the sear and polish it, it makes for a pretty nice trigger...well...for a 22xx trigger, anyways".
Has anyone on this site tried this for a lighter trigger and does it work?

ss23

Quote from: CraigH on October 20, 2018, 02:03:44 AM
The metal trigger side cover plate Noah is referring to is made by Magnum Air Power (www.magnumairpower.com).   It is made of aluminum, plain or black anodized.
I have one from Magnumairpower on one of my 2240"s and it is top notch. Takes the bulge out when shimming.
The metal side cover makes a better plate over the plastic.

CraigH

Quote from: ss23 on October 20, 2018, 02:05:25 AM
Thanks Craig,
Good read. Second comment from Sholo about the ball bearing on top of the trigger, "Drill a 3/32" hole 1/16" deep in the top of the trigger lobe, put a dab of grease/moly paste in the hole, and take the ball bearing from your safety (who uses the safety anyways, right?) and pop it in. Done deal! The ball bearing is much harder material than the trigger lobe and super smooth, plus there is a much smaller contact area between the two. Once you smoothen out the sear and polish it, it makes for a pretty nice trigger...well...for a 22xx trigger, anyways".

I have not done the ball bearing - I've seen it before - someone here must have done it.   It should work.

What I have done in standard (non-Prod) trigger assemblies is re-contour the sear to a rounded surface operating on a spring guide (shortened clevis pin) in a light spring.

Both together should be a nice arrangement.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

crossliner

Quote from: ss23 on October 20, 2018, 02:05:25 AM
Thanks Craig,

If my memory serves me right, I think it was Mr. Carl Quick who is no longer with us.

crossliner

1377x

That's one name I will never forget.  We got off to a rocky start but he became a capof legend.
RIP buddy you are truly missed
closed mouths dont get fed