Opinions needed on whether or not an eBay seller lied to me

Started by geogeogeogeo, November 20, 2018, 04:06:34 AM

geogeogeogeo

Hi everyone,
I know this may seem trivial, but I really need opinions on this.  I ordered a used steel breech on eBay that in the picture clearly looks silver in color, but the one that came is black.  I know that breeches and metal in general can be a pain with cameras as far as good capturing, but this seems too much to be real... Please let me know what you think.  The first picture is the one listed on the auction, and the second is what I received. (I already put it on a pistol by the way)

geogeogeogeo

Oh, and the seller swears he has never owned a silver colored breech that that this is the one in the picture. 

geogeogeogeo

And the grub screw that came with it was black, I put in the silver one when it arrived.

ss23

Before I buy anything on Ebay. I check the seller and reviews, if it is a new seller and if I have a question about the item for sell, I sent the seller a email through Ebay. It's better to get all the answers before a purchase.
How much was the steel breech on Ebay and did it come in a kit with screws and allen wrenches?
Dennis

rangerfredbob

It looks like it is blued/black to me, they took the picture with a flash which reflected and made it look silver, I would have probably assumed it was silver as well...
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

geogeogeogeo

He's a top rated seller is the thing with 1500+ sales.  I guess it really was the lighting and flash, but there's no way I'd ever think that was black from that picture...

ped

I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

onebaddj

Interesting. Never seen a flash bleech out that much. Would have thought the same myself. At least you gat the breech and its in working order.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

KevinP

Well ... I have been selling on ebay since 1999. I would have taken another photo and not posted that one.
At least they should have stated that it was black in the description ... just my  2cents.
Kevin
Albany, New York