Alchemy breech

Started by Jimbo, December 30, 2018, 09:30:00 PM

Jimbo

I just ordered an aluminum breech from davio over at Alchemy Airwerks and I'm looking at a bsa rd 30mm red dot for it and it needs an 11mm rail for it. Does anyonr know what his breech has on it?

BillK

Jimbo, your in luck.  3/8" = 9.525mm.  So, yes it will fit.  The 3/8/dovetail breeches are swappable with the 11mm size rings & things.  11mm will tighten down on a 3/8" breech which is what Dave sells.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Jimbo

Thanks Bill, red dot is ordered, I hope I made a good decision.

crossliner

The dot on that one is pretty big though but that did not stop me from slaying rats  :-*

Had 2 when I was still in Asia and I mounted one on my rat killer of a 1377.

Jimbo

I just installed it and so far I like it, I just wonder if I would of liked a laser sight even better.

Jimbo

One thing with the new breech tho is that when I load my pellet it wants to drop down in where the breech screw is. With the new breech my breech screw is counter sunk down and not flush with the hole.

cherokeesteve

One of the things I've read on the forum, although I haven't had the issue yet, is to put melted wax on top of the breech screw, black crayon will work if color match is wanted and to just lightly scrape off excess.
I have a combo dot sight with laser on my 1377, not this one, but there's lots out there that are good and fairly inexpensive.
I'm like a lactating mother...I don't mind pumping

1377 w/green dot/laser, 2240 modded, T4 modded, 2289 modded, M4-177 modded, 2400 KT in CO2 and HPA.

Jimbo

Yeah but then when ever I take the gun apart I'll have to dig out the wax in order to get the allen screw out and then melt wax back in again after I reassemble it. There's gotta be a better way.

KevinP

Quote from: Jimbo on January 08, 2019, 04:07:39 PM
Yeah but then when ever I take the gun apart I'll have to dig out the wax in order to get the allen screw out and then melt wax back in again after I reassemble it. There's gotta be a better way.

It really isn't a big deal.  I just hold the gun upside down and melt it out ....
Kevin
Albany, New York

Jimbo

With the plastic Crosman breech I didn't have to do that, now with a brand new aluminum $60.00 breech I do,wow.

Peashooterjoe

Works great on melting the wax for screw. Have done all mine like that. Peashooterjoe
aim small shoot small

Hoosier Daddy

Just to put your mind at ease, if you had bought the Crosman steel breech you would have the same issue.
I have gotten used to loading the gun with the  muzzle pointing down, the pellet falls in ahead of the screw hole and closing the bolt is much easier.
As far as removing the wax to get to the screw... I don't. I warm the tip of the allen wrench slightly with a lighter. It goes right through the wax and into the screw head.
1377, 1740, H9A, 1701P, "2060" carbine.... plus a whole lot more ;)

Jimbo

Yeah you're right it's really not that big of a deal after all, now to find a black crayon, no more coloring books or crayons around here anymore kids are all gone.

I would use a breech with the rear breech screw position.  If that were not possible, I would locate a screw that better fits the front location.  :)
Stranded in California.

Jimbo

Well it's too late for that I already got the aluminum breech from Davio. I did put in a torx breech screw tho it didn't make any difference. Like I said it's really not that big of a deal after all and once I'm all done tinkering with it I will do the black crayon thing( found one in the toy box for the grand kids). If I ever order another breech tho I will order the hidden screw one.