2240 trigger spring

Started by Jimbo, February 03, 2019, 02:37:27 AM

Jimbo

Well I just learned something today, I did the trigger mod where you squish the trigger spring between your fingers to give it a lighter trigger. When I cocked the gun on safety all went well but when I pulled the bolt back when it wasn't on safety it would not cock. I stretched the spring back out again and it would cock either way. I am learning!

ped

quashing the spring helps when you use a spent 22 case but tbh swap the heavy spring for a lighter one and use a guide
with all trigger mods ensure you bump test it so it won't fire if knocked
these are what I sell in the UK
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

Hoosier Daddy

Yep, A spent .22lr casing helps keep the spring from walking / binding off the edge the sear.
;)
1377, 1740, H9A, 1701P, "2060" carbine.... plus a whole lot more ;)

Jimbo

I've got a super sear coming from Steve, would the .22 empty case still be a good idea with that?

Hoosier Daddy

Nope, not needed on the Supersear.
It has a tab that the spring seats around.

Compressing the spring still helps. Be sure to "Bump Test" it and if you go too far just stretch it a bit..

Jimbo

Yeah, I got washers like that from Davio, they help.

CraigH

I have found this to really improve the feel.   Note the re-contoured end running on the polished clevis pin spring guide.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

Hoosier Daddy

Oh now that's a new one to me Craig.. THANKS!

ped

I did something a bit similar but in the top of the guide
I csk it to allow the bottom of the sear to roll into it as the sear lowers at the rear
I also looked at fitting a roller but imo it wouldn't improve it by enough to warrant doing it
often when you work out the cost of aftermarket trigger mods your better off buying the 1701 frame especially if you can order direct from Crosman
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

Jimbo

Hey Scott, I'm a hoosier too ( Nortwest Indiana) and one of my sons has a lab named Hoosier!

Hoosier Daddy

Stinking COOL Jim.
I am North East corner with 28 acres to shoot / hunt.
50 yards and less is always mowed in the backyard. Can stretch it out to +100 yrds with some notice. Let me know if you are in the neighborhood!
Here is what I have if you are interested...
on top of the pistols in my sig are therse Rifles.

Air Arms: S400-SL Carbine FAC
Beeman: RS2 Silver Kodiak,
Benjamin: 312, 342, 392P, 392PA, Maximus
Crosman: Genesis NP .22, Quest 1000X, Raven, 2nd & 3rd var 160's
Feinwerkbau: FWB 300S
Gamo: Recon
SAG: AR2078-B, QB58
Sheridan: C Blue Streak, C9 Blue Streak, Model F Co2
Weihrauch: HW98
Xisico: XS60C .22, Sentry 702-3 .22

Jimbo

Holy cow I don't have near that many airguns. Here is what I do have.....Gamo 1250 Hunter made in England(58 lbs. cocking effort), Sheridan 2260 mb with a boss valve, power adjuster, marauder trigger and some ss. bling, Benjamin .25 marauder that's super accurate and quite powerful, 1377 2nd phase and my latest a 2240 with a boss valve, Alchemy breech and a red dot(super sear on it's way) and I'm not done with it yet. That's it.

Hoosier Daddy

I always wanted to compare a Sheridan 2260MB to my 160 VAR III.
Just to see how we have di progressed though the years.

Jimbo

Well I had a  Crosman pellgun 180 that I recently gave to my youngest son(he was drooling over it) and I got the 2260 because it seemed so similar to the 180. If I knew what I know now I would have made that 180 like brand new again and a little hotter(because I now know how to) and bought him the 2260. Oh well it's still in the family and I'm sure it will go to his son one day. Bty I bought that 180 when I was 16 years old for $16.00!

CraigH

It will take a good deal of money to make a 2260 as nice as a 180 - mostly Mrod Gen 1 trigger and steel breech.   Still will not have the feature I most like; unit construction of breech and barrel.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility