2240 trigger spring

Started by Jimbo, February 03, 2019, 02:37:27 AM

Jimbo

Well, it is a 2260mb so it came with a metal breech and then I put in a gen2 marauder trigger group in it also.

CraigH

Quote from: Jimbo on February 04, 2019, 05:50:13 PM
Well, it is a 2260mb so it came with a metal breech and then I put in a gen2 marauder trigger group in it also.

There are a couple of different models of 2260.   The "Sheridan" has a metal breech and the "Heritage" on the Crosman website does not.   There were CCS 2260's about 2 years ago, I cannot recall if the steel breech was standard or optional on those.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

Jimbo

It is a Sheridan2260mb it is not the heritage. I got it from Pyramid Air about a year ago.

Hoosier Daddy

The "MB" on 2260MB stands for Metal Breech... and is the higher end 2260.
1377, 1740, H9A, 1701P, "2060" carbine.... plus a whole lot more ;)

Wayne52 †

The thing that I really like about the 2240 is the fact that a person can order a Prod trigger group from Crosman and bolt it right on the 2240.  I've been meaning to do that myself but I've just never gotten around to ordering one from Crosman, I have a couple I've converted to HPA that would benefit greatly from the upgrade.
Modified Prod, 2300T, 2240 & 38T, bunch of Crosman 150's including a Ted Williams and a S&W78G

Jimbo

Well I put the super sear in and I put in a stock 2260 hammer spring in with a hammer spring guide (just to see what the difference might be) and when I cock it with the safety on everything works just fine but if I cock it with safety off it won't cock. So I really stretched out the trigger spring and now it will cock off of safety but barely and it won't pass the bump test. What do I need to do? I know you should cock it with safety on but before it didn't matter.

Flex

Quote from: Jimbo on February 10, 2019, 12:54:48 AM
Well I put the super sear in and I put in a stock 2260 hammer spring in with a hammer spring guide (just to see what the difference might be) and when I cock it with the safety on everything works just fine but if I cock it with safety off it won't cock. So I really stretched out the trigger spring and now it will cock off of safety but barely and it won't pass the bump test. What do I need to do? I know you should cock it with safety on but before it didn't matter.
Sounds like the trigger spring isn't able to put enough upward force on the sear to make it engage. I'm wondering if the 2260 hammer spring with the hammer spring guide isn't compounding the issue. ("You wanted to see what the difference might be" well, difference might be that it doesn't work :o) I'd put the 2240 hammer spring back in (sans the spring guide) and recheck to function. If that doesn't fix it, put the stock 2240 trigger spring back in and check again. I don't think that the super sear is the issue but I suppose it could be. I hope it didn't cost much as I'm having a hard time seeing how it does much other than hold the spring with that little tab  ??? IMHO, if you are going to use a weaker trigger spring to lessen the trigger pull, you have to use some sort of guide to ensure linear force and minimize the lateral displacement of the weaker spring. Just sayin' :).

Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

ped

2240 and 2260 use the same hammer spring
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

Flex

Quote from: ped on February 11, 2019, 10:04:34 PM
2240 and 2260 use the same hammer spring
Then I guess it's not the spring ;), maybe the spring guide?
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

CraigH

Assuming it worked prior to the super sear, put the stock sear in without changing any other part.   If it works the problem is the interface between the super sear and the hammer.   I use very light trigger/sear springs without and issue.   I have had issues of hammer springs at or near coil binding when a spring guide is in use - if so shorten the hammer spring by one coil.   Also ensure the end cap machine screws are no intruding into the gas tube.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

Jimbo

Well thanks guys for all that input that is exactly what I was looking for. I've got my work cut out for me now and I'll try all these ideas and see what happens. Man I love this forum!

Jimbo

I put a new 10" barrel on it today and while I was at it I took out the hammer spring guide, so far so good.

Jimbo

I'm still having issues, I thought by taking the hammer spring guide out I fixed it but no. If I compress the sear spring too much I can't cock it if I stretch it pretty good back out it works but not always off of safety. For some reason when I cock it off of safety all is well but I still have a hard trigger pull even with the super sear in. When I cock it off of safety sometimes it doesn't cock and I have to pull the bolt back again. I did the polishing to the original sear and trigger like that video showed and tomorrow I'm gonna take out the super sear and put back in the stock stuff. I thought that the super sear was really gonna be great but not so far. It probably is I just gotta figure everything out.

BillK

From what I have read the Super Sear works best, and possibly only, with a full strength OEM trigger/sear spring.
Until the 1701 frame came along I found the lighter spring With a guide worked best. 
Now, the 1701 grip frame is just a bit more work to install and about 15 to 20 bucks more than the sear or trigger replacements but, it is so much better than any other trigger mod out there that is really worth twice the price. 
Once you have shot a 22xx with the 1701 type grip frame/trigger you will want all your guns to be fitted with one.  (Just my opinion but, I'll stick by it.)
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

ped

agree with Bill 1701 frame every time the super sear is poor in comparison and I'd go with a polished std sear and a light spring kit over a super sear anyday
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com