pumping question 1322

Started by wbs1322, February 11, 2019, 10:30:20 PM

markasaurus

I'm make no claims to knowing anything more than the experienced air smiths I just read but here's what I did,

On my modded 1322 I installed a flat top piston and valve.  After cleaning inside the pump tube I used a small art brush to paint inside the tube, and the piston except for the face, with "Super lube" synthetic grease, (the stuff in the grey tube they sell at Harbor Freight and Ebay) then installed the parts).  The grease lasts a long time, I think, hard to really tell until you take it apart.  When I re-oil I use synthetic oil, the same stuff I use on my Airsoft guns.
After a while I just expect I will remove the valve, take it apart and clean any gunk out of the inside.

ped

hydraulic oil works fine as does power steering oil as does engine oil
in the UK I sell a lube that is similar to Tim macs secret sauce and cheaper than what pelgun oil is but at the end of the day most oils will work fine just add sparingly to the pivots
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

BillK

My feelings, no proven results, it is best to use  just oil for the 13xx piston.  Grease will gum it up and lower the velocity. 
The slicker the better & oil is slicker than grease.   
Just making sure the tube is deburred and is cleaned before the piston is  inserted is crucial.   If going for multi pumps then a pinned valve is definitely advisable.
No matter what, fun is in the doing. :)
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II