New Toy

Started by Curly45, April 04, 2019, 10:17:27 PM

Curly45

Well after asking many questions and getting numerous replys,all with good advise I did not follow a lot of the suggestions which were  to get a new 1377/22 and get use to it then start motifying. Instead I bought a "well maintained" used  1377 with custom pump and stock , nice scope and trigger shoe(?)  It is to arrive early next week. Would like to hear what you think>  Also the price was pretty good about half a similar outfited one from crosman. :)

BillK

Sounds good to me.  Most of the guns I have were bought used.  Just about all of them were torn down & checked out.  Usually upgraded with new O-rings, seals, sometimes valves & trigger work to suite me.  Oh ya & BLING! ;)
Seems any Crosman purchase, new or used is just a starting point. :-*
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

mudduck48

O-BOY, a new toy! Need pics when you get it. :)
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

trebor44

Gotta luv those 13xx's.  My first was kept stock for several years, rarely shot (was doing powder thing) and then it occurred to me that even reloading did not lessen the cost to shoot.  So, I dipped into the pellets.  Long story short I have to 'push' myself to do the powder thing.  I can sit in the comfort of my house, open the backdoor and shoot targets to my hearts content.   As for the mods, I don't think I will ever get done, seems like there is always something new to add to the 13xx's or the 2240.   I don't even think about my airrifles since my 'carbines' are so much fun and easy to shoot!

BillK

Oops..Wrong thred>  >:(
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Curly45

It got here early(suprise) everything looks as described. Sorry but I do not know how to post pictures.   Basic 1377 7 stock with panels and matching fore arm, trigger shoe and 3-9x40 scope. Have only shot it 10 times . Sort of hard to load with scope and forearm is not real tight untill pumped slack of about 2 1/2 in  so far os good more when shoot more.

Multigunner

A friend brought over his old crosman , one of those with the sliding cover instead of a bolt, hadn't been fired in maybe 30 years and wouldn't pump up. Wasn't sure they still had the same seals. So rather than tear it down I just soaked the seals and pump cup with transmission fluid. Next day it pumped up just fine and fired as good as new.
They built these to last.

Curly45

Thanks  How did you go about soaking these parts. Wouldn't think you put the gun in a bucket of atf ?

Multigunner

Lost track of this thread or I'd have answered earlier.
To soak the seals just pour a good bit of ATF into the pump cylinder and let it sit awhile and migrate around to the valve O-rings then give it a few pumps. When it first starts to pump up let it push some AFT into the valve body then pour off any remaining AFT and fire a few rounds at full ten pumps. That should clear residue from the valve. Clean the bore to remove the greasy residue of degraded rubber and AFT, you'll probably have to do this often at first. Then just fire the gun normally.   

Flex

Quote from: Curly45 on April 06, 2019, 06:51:00 PM
It got here early(suprise) everything looks as described. Sorry but I do not know how to post pictures.   Basic 1377 7 stock with panels and matching fore arm, trigger shoe and 3-9x40 scope. Have only shot it 10 times . Sort of hard to load with scope and forearm is not real tight untill pumped slack of about 2 1/2 in  so far os good more when shoot more.
OK Curly45, it's been several months now since you've had your "new to you" 1377!!! Plenty of time to take some pics, learn how to post them and satisfy our "need to see them" :-*. (I will have to check the rest of the forum and see if you didn't already do this elsewhere :o).
I hope that you were able to revitalize the seals with the ATF method. If not, it's just not that difficult to disassemble the 13xx and install new ones. Since you bought yours already "modded", it might be a fun project to seek and find all of the components needed to "back breed" it into its original configuration 8). It would be a great learning experience. Of course, you wouldn't have to keep it that way and you might want to make some of your own mods as you revert to the custom mode :).
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

crossliner

I really wish I brought these 2 Fatty forearm stocks with me when I came to the USA in 2016.

They are about the best for the job in looks and function.

Got them as swap from the great Senor Carl Quick, now deceased, as swap.

Took about 4 months from the time he shipped it from TN to California to the Philippines, courtesy of my cuz, via BalikBayan (forex) box.