Started by Curly45, April 05, 2019, 01:23:35 AM

Curly45

Keep seeing that a 1322 is easier to load.  WHY

farrlarr

Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."

mudduck48

The pellet is bigger. ;)
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

CraigH

Quote from: mudduck48 on April 05, 2019, 02:25:42 AM
The pellet is bigger. ;)
Yes, and that's why I prefer .22 - I think I need to move to .25!   
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

trebor44

Having both the 1377 and the 1322 I will vouch for the larger pellet being easier to load.  The 1322 has a red dot and is a piece of cake to load.  The 1377 is a tad more difficult since I switched from a red dot to a scope, but it was still more difficult to load vs the 1322.  I orient the pellet and then sort of roll it into the probe channel ahead of the probe and slide the probe forward to 'carry' the pellet into the chamber.  Dropping the pellet into the chamber and inserting the probe resulted in a few mangled pellets.  For me, my method works the best.  Also the smaller pellet is more prone to catching on the set screw for the steel breech.  So when I get some spare time I will do the wax fill to the set screw hole.  If I was not concerned about shooting at distance and cost of pellets I would just go with the 1322.  It works for me and my shooting.

DHunter

Quote from: trebor44 on April 06, 2019, 08:31:04 PMThe 1377 is a tad more difficult since I switched from a red dot to a scope, but it was still more difficult to load vs the 1322.  I orient the pellet and then sort of roll it into the probe channel ahead of the probe and slide the probe forward to 'carry' the pellet into the chamber.

Same here.  I got the high-ish (not the highest) profile scope rings, since the original scope and mount I got left no room for fingers to put the pellet in.  I do the same, rolling the pellet into place.

Curly45

Thanks for the reply's thought it might just be my fat thumbs ;)

T191032

Curly45

Tilt the pistol down 45-degrees - let gravity be your friend - and drop that darn .177 pellet into the chamber! Same principal as loading a revolver.  :-*

It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

jebhoge

Quote from: Curly45 on April 07, 2019, 02:01:45 PM
Thanks for the reply's thought it might just be my fat thumbs ;)

I will say, some pellets load more easily than others. JSB Exact RS tip down all the time on the transfer port on my carbine but JSB Exact Heavy didn't do that at all. Grouped a lot better, too.

BillK

Agreed... The JSB 7.33gr & 8.44gr are so small & fiddle they are hard to load any way.  I only use them in a gun with a mag/rotating pellet holder.  They are accurate, but just too much fiddley.
  The JSB Heavy 10.34gr are SO much easier to load in single shot guns.  They do slow down the FPS, but the accuracy and FPE ,to me, make up the difference.
The more I shoot the less FPS is a big deal.  Accuracy is what I'm now looking forward to achieving.  So, most all mods (LW barrels, steel breeches, sights, cleaning/crowning)  is where I'm heading,
Only problem is that I, as a shooter, am not as good as the barrels & mods. ;)
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II