What to do with my parts?

Started by trebor44, April 06, 2019, 08:46:22 PM

trebor44

Since I have started down the upgrade road, I am starting to accumulate a variety of takeoff parts for the 13xx and 2240 airguns.  Things like the plastic breeches and OEM probes, rear sights, pistons etc.  Does anyone have or know of an outlet for them?  Thanks

mr007s

I hang on to my spares, never know when you might need something.

BillK

I also have jars of the plastic parts.  Sometimes someone needs something and I like to send it to them no-charge.  There really is no resale value to the parts, only an air gunners community good will value.
Hang on to them & make friends & maybe help some fellow air gunner.
I have gotten helped more than a couple times and try to pass it on. :-* 
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

CraigH

I keep everything - never know what may be needed.

The plastic breeches and their probes have about zero valve.   But I have used them as test mules for build concepts.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

trebor44

Perhaps we could have a section specific to Parts Needed or Free to a good home, something like the Glocktalk Forum.  Takers could help with the postage if need be.  I definitely could contribute some.

cherokeesteve

Quote from: BillK on April 07, 2019, 01:18:11 AM
I also have jars of the plastic parts.  Sometimes someone needs something and I like to send it to them no-charge.  There really is no resale value to the parts, only an air gunners community good will value.
Hang on to them & make friends & maybe help some fellow air gunner.
I have gotten helped more than a couple times and try to pass it on. :-*
I can vouch for Bill. Pay it forward and it comes back!
I'm like a lactating mother...I don't mind pumping

1377 w/green dot/laser, 2240 modded, T4 modded, 2289 modded, M4-177 modded, 2400 KT in CO2 and HPA.

T191032

They become a new Build - the cast off gun.   :D
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

ped

old probes are usefull just remove the handle and thread 8-32 the hole is drilled the correct size for it
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

KevinP

Perhaps it is time for a used parts build contest or something of the sort ?
I think I remember we did something like that before....
Kevin
Albany, New York

farrlarr

Quote from: trebor44 on April 08, 2019, 12:02:33 AM
Perhaps we could have a section specific to Parts Needed or Free to a good home, something like the Glocktalk Forum.  Takers could help with the postage if need be.  I definitely could contribute some.

+1.  I think this is a great idea and would strongly support any effort to push the concept.  Anyone talking to Brutuz about this?
Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."