2240 barrel band

Started by TomR_here, July 28, 2019, 01:45:34 PM

BillK

IMHO a barrel that sticks out further than the tube is in danger of being knocked off sight by a bump or two & therefore the band.  CO2 tubes don't expand and the barrel band does not shift the barrel.  The HPA tubes do change shape under high pressure and some feel it will change the POI if the barrel band changes the barrels aim.
So, for me, a short barreled (10") pistol W/ steel breech does not need a band.  I don't know for sure, but it seems a longer barrel would need a barrel band just to keep it (barrel) in line.  A longer barreled gun gets leaned against the wall and knocked around more than a short pistol. 
Just some random thoughts... ???
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

TomR_here

I understand the concern of a long barrel getting knocked around. I'm constantly bumping the Gauntlet into things as it's much longer than the P-Rod or the 2240-18 are. With the DonnyFL KOI on it, it's around the 52 inch mark total length. Out weights them also.

I'll have to get measurements of all 3. Maybe even some pics, if I can get the camera and computer to talk to each other. That can be an issue at times.

Taking the guns out for some shooting time, I carry them close to my chest as to not hit doorways or the likes. But still manage to hit something with the Gauntlet some times. Things a beast. Keep thinking I should've went with a Marauder rifle instead.