Crosman hits the big screen

Started by cherokeesteve, November 02, 2019, 05:00:35 AM

cherokeesteve

I just watched the latest Spider-Man installment "Far From Home" and in it Samuel L. Jackson (a.k.a. Nick Fury) uses a tranquilizer gun that certainly looks like a Crosman CO2 pistol. Even has a power adjuster! Forgive my ignorance if this has already been mentioned, just saw the movie for the first time.
I'm like a lactating mother...I don't mind pumping

1377 w/green dot/laser, 2240 modded, T4 modded, 2289 modded, M4-177 modded, 2400 KT in CO2 and HPA.

Brutuz

My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

cherokeesteve

I'm like a lactating mother...I don't mind pumping

1377 w/green dot/laser, 2240 modded, T4 modded, 2289 modded, M4-177 modded, 2400 KT in CO2 and HPA.

Multigunner

My guess is its a straight 2240, not a trank pistol at all.
Only images Of Crosman tranquilizer or capture pistols I've found show no barrel band and the outside diameter of the barrel too large to show any air gap between barrel and gas cylinder.
IIRC the trank darts for the pistols are .45 caliber. The darts for the trank rifles are often much larger in caliber. Both are smoothbores.

Hoosier Daddy

1377, 1740, H9A, 1701P, "2060" carbine.... plus a whole lot more ;)

lillysdad621

it actually is a crosman gun. they are made by an outfit called Captchur and they are tranquilizer guns based on the 22xx and 13xx platforms. they order the parts from crosman and put them together with a special breech and barrel. I have a co2 one based on the 2250. im also a nuisance wildlife control operator and we use them in conjunction with veterinarians who provide specific doses of barbiturates. they used them also for dangerous animal vaccination. But yes, they have absolutely crosman DNA. nice catch!!!

schnoo

I spotted that too! Crosman pistols show up a lot in TV series as well. A show over here called "death in paradise" used a 1377 at one point, again as a tranquiliser gun.

Didn't know about Captchur though, had assumed it was just a quick solution for prop departments.

mudduck48

Very interesting. Back in the day the Crosman 357 was turned into a paint ball gun. :)
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Multigunner

https://cap-chur.com/product/cap-chur-short-range-pistol-type-projector/

Note the Captchur pistol has no gap between barrel and cylinder. The prop pistol may be a mock up.