How I got here

Started by Garmic, February 01, 2020, 08:46:35 PM

Garmic

I thought Id share my little story,
Last year around this time I picked up a used 2240, it had a crosman steel breech, 14.6" barrel and a carbine stock, a power adjuster and a red dot the owner had polished and removed paint on the entire gun. Shortly after getting this gun which I paid a fair price for it turned out I had been burned.
The lens on the red dot was cracked the fastening screws for the power adjuster threads were stripped and I couldnt fire it because the cart seal was destroyed. The plier marks on the piercing knob indicated a rough life for this pistol. I should have sent it back , I kick myself but the situation with the seller devolved and since I work on all my other guns I knew I could deal with everything except the broken lens.
Once I got the new seal I was surprised to find this was a quite accurate but quite a co2 hog and I didnt like the look of the amateur polishing job.
I was looking for parts on a local site which had a 2250b kit and a shiny black 2240 pistol listed so I thought what the heck and started down the rabbit hole.
I now own 3 working variations of 22xx and almost enough parts for one more.
So my pride has a stainless 2260 tube, lefthand gmac steel breech with hollow probe, 1701 trigger set and an 18" barrel, its very accurate out to 30yds.
Second is the 2250b, it has the lefthand gmac with hollow probe, Im waiting for a 1701 trigger set in the mail and
thinking of a lothar walther 14.5" barrel.
The 2240 pistol has the crosman steel breech and the 7.5" barrel but soon to be longer and mim site set up coming soon.
I could have gotten a pretty nice rifle for what Ive spent so far but it might not have been as much fun.

Brutuz

Hence the dollar signs in our logo  :D ;D

My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

KevinP

WE have a strong NEED for photo's ...   :)
Kevin
Albany, New York

CraigH

Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

arkmaker †

I think most of us can relate to this story. 😃
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

RetatCDude

Even a 74 year old curmudgeon can get burned on the AA.
By a Texan.
Go figure! 
Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL

Garmic

Here they are plus a box of parts, I put a prod forestock on the 2260

Garmic

Quote from: Garmic on February 03, 2020, 02:09:19 AM
Here they are plus a box of parts, I put a prod forestock on the 2260 and I got a hollow probe for the crosman steel breech which took a bit of sanding to make work smoothly

Garmic

Im just waiting on some new grips and I will have another to post, as well I have seriously been thinking of changing the 2260 to hpa. I have the parts sitting in my cart at Crosman just waiting to pull the trigger.

mr007s

You Sir are well on your way to Crosman bliss.

Garmic

The arsenal, Ive managed to stock pile 240 co2 caps as well. Just waiting for warmer weather.

KevinP

Now this is a very handsome family ..... :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York