2250B Shooting Straight

Started by arkmaker †, April 10, 2020, 05:11:55 PM

arkmaker †

Mounted the old Beeman up and set to 6X. The target out was to 10 meters. This is the first time I shot this since I re-crowned and smoothed out the loading ramp, so I'm not sure if it was the new pellets or the barrel work that has this little carbine  shooting much better than ever before.

Here is a pic of the new tins for the Air Arms Falcons. No mention of Air Arms, but they are still made in the Check republic, I'm pretty sure the old Falcons I had were in a Black & Yellow tin with AA on the label? These are the 5.52 head size. I am looking forward to trying the Crosman pellets again and also increasing my target distance.

Two things I am having trouble with is the stock and the scope. The stock is a folding one, but is a little to short for me. The scope is a non AO scope and only goes up to 9X. The higher you take the power, the more blurred the target gets. Thats why I was shooting at 6X. My want list keep growing but my bank account doesn't! Oh well, that Bug Buster will just have to get in line ;-) First I'll get the stock. That fits my budget easier than the scope. And I'll need to make a muzzle brake.

Update: changed out the Beeman scope and rings for the Hawke. Way to big, but much clearer. I set up the chrony  so I could see where I'm at. Averaged 460 fps over 45 shots. Very low for a 14" barrel! I'll make more adjustments once I have a standard 1399 stock and regular power adjuster installed. I took shots 46-48 at a clean dot. They were dropping off about an inch. On shot 48 I held over and hit The dot on The low side. The adjuster is impossible to adjust with the folding stock mounted. I was to lazy to take it off and tweak it. I'd be very happy to get this one shooting in the 500/510 range for 35 shots. I think it can be accomplished.

As to hoping that the Crosman Ultra Mags would shoot well..... I will have to keep hoping. The AA Falcon's are dead on though. That's something at least. The Ultra Mags still stayed within an inch at 10 meters, but hopped all over the place within that inch. I'm thinking this barrel likes the larger head size of the AA's.

Shoot straight, Shoot Safe, but most of all.... Keep Shooting!
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

schnoo

Looks like some good solid grouping! What mods are you expecting to have to add to get to your target velocity/shot count?