Here I go again!

Started by arkmaker †, April 20, 2020, 05:39:31 PM

arkmaker †

Forgot about this one. Lots to do to bring it back to a new life with a new purpose. This was an old 1377 American Classic that originally had the rear cocking assembly and a smooth bore barrel. This was a BB shooter. I'm on the fence about rebuilding the rear cocking assembly. Right now, I'm leaning towards going with a modern setup and power adjuster. I still have the old breech and almost everything I need to rebuild the rear cocking assembly. I would need to remake the bolt if I do go that way. The one in that breech has the magnetic probe to hold the BB. I'd also have to make a new cocking shaft and modify the assembly a bit in order to make it work properly again.

I want the end result to shoot .177 pellets accurately. Power will not be the goal here. Just a 3-4 pump shooter for out to 10 meters. A paper puncher. I kind of wish I had not found this! I guess that's why it was stuffed in the bottom drawer of my roll-around, hidden under a bunch of stuff 🙈

Please chime in if I've missed anything. I've identified 14-15 things I need to do before it can be called done..... The last two on the list are optional, but the site is something I've wanted to make for years. Maybe it'll get made? Maybe not. At this point, I may just pop a plastic breech on it instead of making a new SS one. The short aluminum one on here now is not sitting quite right so it needs to be changed at some point.

- Pump Arm Barrel Band Cap Replaced with a Custom SS Cap.  *Done*
  - Make a new 4.25" SS Breech with site flat
  - Machine tube slot for striker pin
  - Make a new SS Striker (will be 1701p trigger frame ready)
  - Make new style Striker Pin
  -  Add Transfer Port (have)
  - Make Power Adjuster
  - Swap out piston or make a flat top setup (have a new piston)
  - Trim forearm front
  - Make a SS muzzle brake with Site Pin
  - Add Safety Spring & Ball (have)
  - Make a Trigger Shoe
  - Make a new Bolt handle
  - Tune trigger spring, and maybe add a super sear?
  - Buy a .177 12" barrel
  - New screws (have)
  - Make new rear site in steel or aluminum
  - Add a small Red Dot Sight?
  - Highlight Lettering

And so the journey continues......
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

KevinP

Looks in nice shape for being in the bottom of the roll around ....   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

Brutuz

Looks like a promising project  :-*
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

BillK

And the fun begins again!!! ;)
  Sounds like a cool project.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

mudduck48

It's like taking a totally stock 57 Chevy and making a Hot Rod out of it, it will only be original once.  :( IMO, fix it, make it work, shoot it, and enjoy it and Hot Rod something else. :) 
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

crossliner

The "plug" (barrel band replacement) looks nice  :-*

BillK

Quote from: mudduck48 on April 21, 2020, 03:52:59 PM
It's like taking a totally stock 57 Chevy and making a Hot Rod out of it, it will only be original once.  :( IMO, fix it, make it work, shoot it, and enjoy it and Hot Rod something else. :)
I & you drove cars from the 50's & 60"s and know they really suck compared to todays cars.  Looks is one thing, use is another.  Same is true for Crosman pumpers.  The cheapest 1300 pumper is a much better shooter than any built before.   
Keeping the looks,(rear cocker, slide bolt ect.) & updating the original deficiencies is gonna make that 57 Chev feel like a new ride.
Go for it!!!
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

arkmaker †

Quote from: mudduck48 on April 21, 2020, 03:52:59 PM

Guilty as charged. I had a 57 ragtop when I was 19. 350 ci  350 hp. Not much stock in it except for some of the body. Fiberglass nose clip. Hindsight says I should have stuck it in a garage until I was old enough to appreciate it. Oh well.......

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

arkmaker †

Quote from: crossliner on April 22, 2020, 04:50:59 AM
The "plug" (barrel band replacement) looks nice  :-*

Made a few in the past. This one has the pin held in place with a set screw. Not my idea, but a really good one. Better that other ways to keep the pin in place.

I may modify it more yet, based on this crash g someone sent me At some point along the way.

JMJinNC

John

crossliner

Quote from: JMJinNC on April 24, 2020, 08:29:35 PM
Drawings here:

https://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,17921.0.html

Had one CNC-made based on one of the Mr. JM's CAD:

I paid around $20 - $25 to have this one made in stainless--would have been much cheaper if they were in volume.

Took about a week for me to get it from the machine shop but I did not tell them it was an airgun part as they are very strict; not knowing the fine line between airguns and real guns, so I just told them it was a part for a sprayer  :)

Should have brought this piece with me when I came to the US.

The machine shop who made it for me:

https://decomach.wordpress.com/

arkmaker †