Getting back into it

Started by Grouse870, April 26, 2020, 04:11:42 AM

Grouse870

Been a member for awhile but kinda dropped out of the Airgun world for a bit. Recently moved to Arizona which is way more friendly to Airgun hunting than Washington state is. Anyways was kinda getting stir crazy since I've been furloughed so I needed a project and needed an Airgun I can possibly hunt with. So decided to jump back in with a 1322 American classic kit direct from crosman. Thinking about picking up a flat top piston and valve,high flow transfer port, and some stainless steel roll pins from alchemy. I kinda like the stock sights so was planning on keeping the standard breech. Any issues with that or things to do different? Being able to take a rabbit/squirrel/bird at 10-15 yards is what I'm looking for. Just want something small and light that I can take with me out into the desert. Honestly this will probably just be shot more with my kids than hunted with but I'd like the option while I get into this whole Airgun thing.

Brutuz

I'd switch the std notched site to peep, get a 14" barrel and a shoulder stock and go the backpacker route :-*
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

Grouse870

Just got it. This kit comes with the shoulder stock, some pellets, a pellet holder.  Ordered the parts from alchemy as well. Hopefully get to shoot it tomorrow in stock form

Grouse870

Well glad I wanted a project. Shot pretty well but all shots to the left even with the sight pushed all the way over. Checked the crown and you can see only half the crown was done and the barrel was drilled off center. Going to try and recrown it. Otherwise new barrel

BillK

I'd call Crosman and ask for a new barrel.  They might ask for the old barrel, but it's cheaper than a new one. 
Who knows....?
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Grouse870

Recrowned the barrel seems to shoot better. Added flattop piston and valve with the larger transfer port. Appears to dump all the air at 20 pumps didn't go further than that. Ordered an aluminum breech so that the next upgrade

arkmaker †

Sounds like you're having fun!!!

That's what it is all about.....
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Cross Pistol Packer

Good work going on there, enjoy your pistol  :)
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

Grouse870

Alchemy aluminum breech installed.