1377 first mod - trigger.

Started by Sweller, August 30, 2020, 10:28:30 PM

Sweller

Good morning and thanks for the links.

What he says about the access hole is absolutely correct. I'd have had a snowball's chance of getting the hex key into those grub screws with my fat ape hand in the way of my eyeball trying to look through that little hole in the trigger guard !

While I still had easy access, I took a Dremel to the trigger and removed the sharp points that my finger didn't like. A little polish and you have to look to see the difference.

One of the reader comments was about the stop screw biting fingers. I found a dust cap that came on a fiber optic cable that pressed on snuggly. Not the prettiest thing, but very effective.

Pictures after coffee.
Stephen Weller
American.
Veteran.
Patriot.

rangerfredbob

After I get my shop built and get back into things, I need to order one of these trigger setups for my 1740 franken gun... just for fun, it's set up pretty light now, but why not...
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

arkmaker †

Quote from: rangerfredbob on September 29, 2020, 06:30:48 AM
After I get my shop built and get back into things, I need to order one of these trigger setups for my 1740 franken gun... just for fun, it's set up pretty light now, but why not...

You won't regret this upgrade. Next to a LW barrel, its the best upgrade for accuracy and trigger consistency available for the 13xx and 22xx platforms. Sure, there are the pains of getting it installed and set up, but once you have it right where you want it, I can guarantee a big smile as trigger control becomes a non issue.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

rangerfredbob

That's why I own two Marauder rifles... I love the trigger on my first gen .22. Even if I'm out of practice if some pest is ticking me off it's done for :). I want a marauder pistol for a more compact package but they're hard to find a deal on... might as well just make something :)
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...