My 2300KT arrived.

Started by Oldgunner43, October 06, 2020, 05:38:04 PM

Oldgunner43

My new Crosman custom 2300KT arrived this past Saturday and I've been getting acquainted with it compared to my 2240 that I customized.  So far, so good!  I ordered mine with the long steel breech, 10.1" Lothar-Walther barrel, black muzzle brake, Williams notched rear sight, walnut target grips, and a brass trigger shoe.  It's very nicely finished and came with a test target with a five shot group at 10 yards measuring less than 3/8".  Just wish that I was that good offhand (LOL).

Oddly enough, the adjustable trigger came with a trigger pull of about 6 lbs.  I've readjusted it to about 2 1/2 lbs. and it will probably go a bit lower.  I've got a spare red dot that I can put on it but will probably stay with the iron sights for now.  If somebody has one of these, what additional mods have you made?

I'd love to attach pics but still haven't figured out how to do it.

Addicted to handguns:
S&W revolvers (7), 1911 design semi-autos (9), and now Crosman air pistols!

RetatCDude

I put a Super Sear in my 2300S.
Steve (I don't know his last name) sells them.
I think he is on Airgun Nation??
Trigger breaks like glass.

I found the front post to be a bit too narrow so I put some rubber insulation on the front post.
It fills the Williams sight better, IMHO.
Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL

Oldgunner43

Hi;

I agree that the front post should be wider and I'll try to put a "sleeve" on it like you did.  I put a super sear in my 2240 and it works very well.  I got mine on e-bay from AlchemyAirWerks.

Jim
Addicted to handguns:

Brutuz

My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

Oldgunner43

OK. Thanks, Brutuz.  I'll work on that tomorrow.

Jim
Addicted to handguns:

arkmaker †

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Oldgunner43

For those of you who have installed a Super Sear, did you do any polishing on it or just drop it in as delivered?  The one I put in my 2240 didn't seem to need any polishing and it works fine.
Addicted to handguns:

RetatCDude

Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL

crossliner

Quote from: Oldgunner43 on October 07, 2020, 12:12:46 PM
For those of you who have installed a Super Sear, did you do any polishing on it or just drop it in as delivered?  The one I put in my 2240 didn't seem to need any polishing and it works fine.

A polish never hurts  :)

arkmaker †

Both. There was one that was a little rough. No to bad as I remember. They remain an alternative to the more costly 1701p upgrade.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Oldgunner43

Here's a try to upload a picture.  The upper is my 2240 that I'm customizing and the lower is the 2300KT.

Great!  Downsized and downloaded.  It showed on my computer screen and disappeared.  Can't find it anywhere on my iMac.  Can't spend anymore time on this now.

Sorry.

Addicted to handguns:

Oldgunner43

If at first you don't succeed ....

Addicted to handguns:

KevinP

YEA ....   nice looking  ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

Sweller

Beautiful!

Can you give me the part number and price for those grips, please? How did you even know they existed in order to ask for them on the first place?
Stephen Weller
American.
Veteran.
Patriot.

Brutuz

Very nice and great it worked upping a picture :-*
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well