My 2300KT arrived.

Started by Oldgunner43, October 06, 2020, 05:38:04 PM

Oldgunner43

for Sweller;

When you go to the Crosman Custom Shop to order a 2300KT or 2240KT you have several choices for grips.  Mine are the RH walnut target grips which are SKU 2300-118 for $47.94.  I would expect that those grips will also fit the 2240 and others with the same frame.  I'm going to make the unfinished grips on my 2240 match up as closely as I can.
Addicted to handguns:
S&W revolvers (7), 1911 design semi-autos (9), and now Crosman air pistols!

Dennisu

How low can you get the trigger pull with the Super Sear drop in?
Crosman 1701P
Crosman 2300KT

Oldgunner43

Hi,

The Super Sear will give you a significant drop in trigger pull weight just by giving you a two stage trigger.  Combining that with the sear spring adjuster that comes standard with the 2300KT allows you to fine tune the trigger.  Keep in mind that you need to feel the point when the 1st stage shifts to the 2nd stage to take advantage of it. A friend of mine tried shooting with my pistol and never sensed when that shift occurred until I explained the proper technique to him.

You can buy an adjustable sear spring kit from a couple of online parts suppliers.  AlchemyAirWerks on e-bay has them.
Addicted to handguns:

arkmaker †

Yep with that custom shop adjuster you can find a pretty sweet stopping point before it breaks. Just remember the the fist slam (minus a pellet) can be your friend. Don't want an accidental discharge! One tip is.... A small dot of Blue loc-tire in the adjuster threads once you are sure it is what you want for a feel. That nut will move over time.

Quote from: Oldgunner43 on October 08, 2020, 12:30:42 PM
Hi,

The Super Sear will give you a significant drop in trigger pull weight just by giving you a two stage trigger.  Combining that with the sear spring adjuster that comes standard with the 2300KT allows you to fine tune the trigger.  Keep in mind that you need to feel the point when the 1st stage shifts to the 2nd stage to take advantage of it. A friend of mine tried shooting with my pistol and never sensed when that shift occurred until I explained the proper technique to him.

You can buy an adjustable sear spring kit from a couple of online parts suppliers.  AlchemyAirWerks on e-bay has them.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Oldgunner43

Addicted to handguns:

Dennisu

Quote from: arkmaker on October 07, 2020, 04:15:36 PM
Both. There was one that was a little rough. No to bad as I remember. They remain an alternative to the more costly 1701p upgrade.

With regards to the 1701p upgrade, my understanding is that the 1701p lower pistol grip assembly will fit on the 2300 without modification.  Correct or are some modifications required?
Crosman 1701P
Crosman 2300KT

RetatCDude

Quote from: Dennisu on October 08, 2020, 10:14:10 PM

With regards to the 1701p upgrade, my understanding is that the 1701p lower pistol grip assembly will fit on the 2300 without modification.  Correct or are some modifications required?

You are correct
Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL

Sweller

Won't it need the hammer mod? Google for "2300kt with 1701P trigger group" and the first hit is a thread from this very forum.  :D

If it needs the hammer mod, it might also need the sear/tube mod.
Stephen Weller
American.
Veteran.
Patriot.

Dennisu

Crosman 1701P
Crosman 2300KT