Author Topic: HPA Conversion?  (Read 583 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Hoss

  • Plinker
  • **
  • Posts: 38
HPA Conversion?
« on: October 18, 2020, 08:08:52 PM »
I've been working on a couple of crosman 2240's, I have done just about all of the upgrades available. I also replaced the 2240 main tubes to 2250 tubes. I would really like to convert one of them to HPA but have no idea where to start, I can't really find much on YouTube. Could anyone tell me what parts I would need,  I want to do it the safest way possible. Now that I'm in my 60s I don't like getting hurt, I use to be able to take a licking and kept on going, but I don't heal very quick anymore. So if anyone can tell me how to do this safely I would really appreciate it.
I would like to attach a HPA bottle to the end of the main tube.


Offline mr007s

  • Crosmaniac
  • *****
  • Posts: 2235
Re: HPA Conversion?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 09:37:36 PM »
I have done that. Used a cut down disco tube, drop block with 2 extra retaining screws, B&A Boss valve with extra screws,  3000 psi fill 22 tank with reg at 2000psi, 18 inch track of the Wolf barrel in 25 cal.

Are you a machinist or have a GOOD friend that is? Might want to rethink this build, its a lot of money. As you said "safety is foremost!" A nice PCP can be purchased for much less cost,I know.

There was some photos here at one time. Search for "STONE COLD"

Offline BillK

  • Crosmaniac
  • *****
  • Posts: 2565
Re: HPA Conversion?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 11:41:15 PM »  Don has pcp tubes& valves.  Baker also has valves.  As does Magnum Air  As noted a used PCP can be had for around $250 or so.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 11:49:27 PM by BillK »
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377