LDC

Started by Jimbo, October 20, 2020, 09:21:33 PM

Jimbo

I'm gonna try one on my 2260 and see how much it might quiet that sucker down. Anyone else try it on a 2260?

RetatCDude

Quote from: Jimbo on October 22, 2020, 03:31:22 AM
Frank, you're kidding right? :o

Yep.
Finishing nail, painted black.
The original front sight was tool narrow.
I put a piece of rubber insulation on top of it and made it wide enough to fill the gap.
What I should have done is gotten the front sight and muzzle guard from the 1701P which as we know is adjustable..
But what I have looks alright:
Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL

Jimbo

That sure looks better than a lousy toothpick! ;)

DHunter

The point about the noise of hitting the target was driven home to me extra well today as I just got a new .25 Marauder and tried it out today on some wood.  First I wanted to see if, stock (ie, without any tuning), it would punch through 3/4" plywood.  Yep.  Then I tried a couple layers of 3/4" non-plywood pine.  It almost made it all the way through the second layer.  I do intend to increase the power; but I did not do much shooting in the back yard because although I could hardly hear the gun (it's quieter than my 1322 rifle which has the TKO), the noise of the pellet hitting the wood with that much power was very loud!  I didn't want any neighbors starting to investigate what that noise is.  If it were around July 4th, it'd be no problem, as our neighborhood shoots off fireworks most of the day and night for a couple of weeks leading up to the 4th, and then for a couple of days after.  It's crazy.  That's the time to make a lot of noise if you don't want anyone getting suspicious.  Our neighbor across the street had thousands of dollars' worth of professional fireworks last year, and the same seems to be true for several other neighbors within a couple of blocks.

I need to read the complex tuning methods for this gun, and then with chrony in hand, go to the range, bring it from what I suspect is 40 ft-lbs up to the desired 55 ft-lbs (a 34-grain pellet at 850fps), and then sight-in the scope, and get trajectory data for different distances.

Jimbo

I've done a few things to my marauder,nothing major tho and believe it or not the sound of the pellet hitting a sparrow is louder then the report of the gun!