original 2240

Started by Jimbo, October 24, 2020, 09:48:32 PM

Jimbo

I never would have guessed but I just realized that the only original part in my 2240 (I've only had it about two years) is the hammer spring! So I guess you could say that I built a 2240! :o

CraigH

I usually retain the gas tube and the barrel band.   ;D  :D  :)
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

The only thing I would retain is part of the valve.  :)
Stranded in California.

Jimbo

Every time I ness with the trigger the little ball bearing and spring pop out. I put new wood grips on it and now the safety doesn't stay on unless I press my finger against it. I don't think  I got it in wrong. ???

BillK

I almost always remove the grip frame when doing adjustments.  All my safety springs & balls are coated with grease, which keeps them in place most times.
I would remove the grip frame and put the safety spring & ball back in place , with grease. Misalignment is the only reason I can think of for your problem.
Good luck & let us know how it works.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

crossliner

Krazy-glue your ball and spring.

The ball ought to be at the bottom.

It is common sense to just check their position by removing the side plate.

Perhaps your grip set is ill-fitting, making the plastic side plate loose, thus causing the pair (ball and spring) to go out of kilter.

Jimbo

I've been thinking and I bet I need to readjust the first and second stage of the trigger. The safety worked just fine until I tried to adjust that two stage trigger. I'm gonna mess with it today and see what I come up with.

Jimbo

Well, all is well, I fixed it! I have the1701p trigger frame in there and I just backed off on the two adjustment screws and that took care of it. I like the way the trigger feels now even better!