Customized Crosman 2240

Started by Hoss, October 27, 2020, 03:24:57 AM

Hoss

I just completed two 2240s.
I turned one into a carbine and one into a long barreled pistol with walnut grips.
I replace all of the original parts with high preference parts, I will try to post some pics tomorrow.

Oldgunner43

Just curious. ???
If you buy a 2240 and then replace all of the original parts, couldn't you just build one from scratch using all "custom/preferential" parts?  That would save you the cost of the original - unless you already had one of course.
Addicted to handguns:
S&W revolvers (7), 1911 design semi-autos (9), and now Crosman air pistols!

CraigH

I once posted a topic on GTA, entitled, roughly "Why Buy A Marauder If You Want A Marauder".

And then a year or two later, I bought a Marauder (.25 caliber, wood).    :D

The impetus of the topic was, a stock Marauder is around $500 (street prices lower), and many seriously mod them - like up to 150 fpe and more at the upper end.   And the Marauder modding goods get expensive.

And then I provided a sample list of parts to create such a rifle, and thereby saving $500 - while spending $1000 and more.

With respect to the GTA topic title, at least my Marauder is stock and unmodified.    :)

As to the 22XX guns, many times the CCS gun is a better starting point.   But in reality the CCS guns are simply an assembly of factory parts, except a clean gas tube and for the ability to select wood grips and bling-enabled muzzle brakes.   BTW, Crosman should add the P-Rod trigger assembly and matching hammer to CCS 2300KT and 2400KT models.

There certain is more available from many vendors for the 22XX guns than any other platform - both performance items and dress up goods.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

crossliner

I cannot leave mine alone either.

Today, I got my Baker Airguns aluminum breech and I don't like it.

First, I specified that I be sent one w/o scratches, scuffs, and dings.

This one has dings below the loading port.

It is rough to rack and the bolt does not even sit well on the cradle slot.

I would have ordered two more as spares and send them out to CCR Refinishing for plating.

I have read somewhere of a user's identical observations to mine.

Frankly, I have no idea why it gets glowing reviews, having read of other users' evaluation.

Probably I am just too picky.

Will be returning it, of course.

Jimbo

Crossliner, I hear ya! Years ago after going thru a divorce I went and saw a counselor for a while (because it helped ) she said, you know Jim you are a perfectionist and the problem with people like you is that you think every one else has to be the same way too. It hits home often. :o

Hoss

Yesterday I said that I would post some pics, I tried to post them today but couldn't because it keeps saying that the file is to big.
Once I figure out how to resize them I will try it again. Just didn't want anyone to think I lied. 

DHunter

Quote from: Hoss on October 28, 2020, 03:42:02 AM
Yesterday I said that I would post some pics, I tried to post them today but couldn't because it keeps saying that the file is to big.
Once I figure out how to resize them I will try it again. Just didn't want anyone to think I lied.
Gimp software is free, and as far as I can tell, is every bit as good as Photoshop.  I understand that Gimp had the "heal" feature before Photoshop did.  The first time I saw it was probably ten years ago an it was very, very impressive.  I use it now for all my pictures, to sharpen, lighten or darken or improve the contrast if necessary, crop, and re-size.  The basics like that are very easy with it.  I don't get into the more in-depth stuff.
https://www.gimp.org/

CraigH

Quote from: Hoss on October 28, 2020, 03:42:02 AM

www.shrinkpictures.com

simple to use
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

Hoss

Hoss

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

Brutuz

My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

BillK

Very nice looking shooters.  Great grips on the 2240.  :-* :-*
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

rocks3

rocks3

Did you make them grips,all my pistols have stocks, long barrels,and mods, nun are stock, I do the mods myself, I picked up a multi shot breech, after it jammed 3 to many times I put it on Ebay, I'm trying the loader from airgunparts from uk, no jams yet. I like building the toys myself, the leftover parts for maybe to someone who needs them just pay shipping and their yours,  :-*