p1701 trigger group

Started by Jimbo, December 07, 2020, 04:06:26 PM

Jimbo

I put this in my 2240 and I really like it. One thing I notice is that when I pull the trigger into the first stage and then decide to not shoot it doesn't go back. Is this normal?

CraigH

No - not normal.    ( Would that be N³ ? )    :D

First - Is the hammer waist filled, or hammer replaced?

Second - Too fine an adjustment of either of the two stages?

Lastly - Something dragging on the trigger itself, e.g., shimming the side play?
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

Jimbo

I'm thinking it's too fine of an adjustment on the trigger I will look into it later today. I had the same issue when I put a marauder trigger group in my 2260 and I seem to remember that yeah it took some adjustment of the trigger. I will let you know what happens, thanks Craig!

Jimbo

I loosened the screws on the side plate and that did it! Should I take the side plate off and put in some little washers somewhere?

CraigH

Not having it in hand, I would see if a VERY thin washer on the offending screw corrects the problem.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

KevinP

I have had this problem also...

Taking a piece of glass...

using 400 ish wet/dry sand paper ... with oil ...

in a circular motion sand sides of sear, trigger

not to forget to break the corners....

Don't over tighten side plate ....

( once I had to shim side plate  )
Kevin
Albany, New York

Jimbo

I had some real small brass washers but they were a little big on the od dimension. A took a dremel tool and and made the od smaller, put a dab of crazy glue on them and put them in place. Perfect, problem solved thanks to your input!

CraigH

Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado