My 1377

Started by Fzrandy, January 14, 2021, 09:17:29 PM

Fzrandy

Hi all....First post here  :)....
Got my 1377 a couple of months back  as always liked them and quite liked the idea of having a pistol that can be converted into a carbine rifle and back again so set about working on it ...
Firstly was a bit underwhelmed with the power only 3.2 ft/lb 415 fps after 10 pumps. Was kind of expecting that as it's a c model ...So after stripping and cleaning I drilled and tapped the bleed off on the valve and fitted a M3 grubscrew next I drilled out the transfer port...While I Was doing the internals I ordered a steel breech and extended probe ...Once it arrived I re assembled and tested over the chronograph which was vastly improved but sadly illegal in my country  ;) ...So took apart and made and fitted a slightly smaller transfer port which left me with 5.6 Ft/lb 550 fps very happy with that
Tried the Crosman stock but discovered that couldn't get a good eye alignment with the scope so made a quick detach stock from an old telescopic walking pole and a motorcycle footrest (slightly unusual combo I know ) but with a few mins on the lathe I had it fitting nicely and is easily removed and fitted by  just by twisting half a turn ....So  very happy so far some better grips is next on the agenda

Brutuz

Looks very smart, great work you did :-* 8)
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

CraigH

Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

JMJinNC

Welcome, and nice build.
JMJinNC
John

BillK

That's a real good looking build.  I do like your pump arm and stock mods.  LDC is cool also. :-*
Looks like your having fun. ;)
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Fzrandy

Thank you all for your kind replies... Ldc was from Aliexpress really cheap and well made just drill spacers out a little larger than your calibre... in side add some felt or washing up sponge wrapped around hair curlers and job done...

schnoo

Ingenious solution for the stock!

1377s have so much potential but are so held back by our legal requirements. Is your 5.6ft lbs with 10 pumps?

Fzrandy

Thanks for the replies... Yes 5.6 at 10 pumps ...tried it at 15 pumps and power is the same but I get a very weak 2nd shot