Trio of Crosmans

Started by buzzkc, February 06, 2021, 08:25:17 PM

buzzkc

I spent a good part of my youth shooting my dad's old 130 (bottom left). I eventually blew the seals out of it by never oiling and over pumping it, more pumps = higher power right? ;) I had bought a rebuild kit for it about 10 years ago, but at the time was not able to get a rebuild for the check valve. I happened to find a rebuild last year and was finally able to get the 130 shooting again. It still needs the gasket between the body and barrel as the previous kit did not have one. I've found that and should have it this next week to replace.

The top left is my rear cocker 1377, which I've had about 30 years now. I've not done any modifications to it and it's worked pretty well. The 1322 on the right side is only a couple of years old. I've done a few upgrades to it, adding the novak style sight, steel breech, and brass barrel band. I'd like to make wood furniture to put on the two later versions. I've started learning to checker wood stocks, so they are on my list to do.

Darren

CraigH

Nice!   The 130 on the bottom looks just like mine.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

BillK

That's a real nice cross section of vintage Crosmans.  I'm sure you notice how much more powerful they have gotten over the years since the 130.  Lotta guys don't like the change from metal to "plastic" but the guns have gotten better & reasonably priced. 
Nice showing.   :-*
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

buzzkc

A29Adriver

Is the 130 the self-cocking, when you do the first pump it cocks the hammer?

ped

Quote from: A29Adriver on February 07, 2021, 06:44:31 PM
the 130 if the auto cock one resets the valve as soon as it fires -if it sticks a nail could be used through the rear cap hole to encourage it to re set
the very early ones had a manual slide on the l/h side
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

buzzkc

Quote from: A29Adriver on February 07, 2021, 06:44:31 PM

No, it has the manual cocking slider on the side. If you forget to push it before loading up a pellet, they sometime fly out on that first pump if you do it hard enough. DAMHIKT  ;)

buzzkc

I did have it apart this weekend and replaced the little o-ring that came with a previous kit with the correct flat o-ring. Has a much better seal to the breech, was losing air on each shot before.

mudduck48

Looks to me like you have a nice collection go on there. :-*
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

schnoo

Really like how the basic design remains the same over time.

If it ain't broke...  :)