Piercing Knob

Started by with657, March 05, 2021, 06:00:09 PM

with657

Hello, I purchased 2300S a month ago, enjoying every day.

Recently I noticed, I have to close the piercing knob more harder than before in order to make puncture (to CO2 Cartridge).
At the beginning,  It just needs light finger tight. Now it need very hard finger tight..
Is it normal? I always used Pellgun oil on the top of cartridge.

Thank you;
Chan
Enjoying the world of air gun..
now two 2300S.

mr007s

Do NOT pierce the cart by tightening the CAP tightly.Proper way is to tighten a bit more than finger tight then coch and dry fire one or two times. Over tighten will eventually destroy the seal.

with657

Quote from: mr007s on March 05, 2021, 08:49:20 PM
Do NOT pierce the cart by tightening the CAP tightly.Proper way is to tighten a bit more than finger tight then coch and dry fire one or two times. Over tighten will eventually destroy the seal.
Yes, I always cork and dry fire to pierce. But it needs tightening harder than before, to pierce. Thanks for reply.
now two 2300S.

with657

I was able to take photo. It is inside of the tube. Did I damage the seal?
now two 2300S.

BillK

I haven't had this happen that I noticed.  Shooting 3 or 4 guns I don't notice subtle changes as much.  If it is a concern I would remove the valve and clean w/alcohol and relube with Tims Secret Sauce.
  http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/secret-sauce-small-dripper-2-fl-oz-p/m1ss2po.htm
Replace the seal & discontinue use of PelGun oil in favor of Tims S.S.
PellGun oil can jam up after time.  Tim has been around airguns longer than you & I & I respect his knowledge.
Having done the valve cleaning you will have a known start point & see what happens.  JMHO
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

crossliner

These seals are very cheap and easy to change out  :)

No need to worry about it too much, sir  :-*

fivestar45

Change the brand of 12g carts that you use. Some brands will puncture easier than others.
If you are in the U.S. the best I have found are from Red Rocks co.

Rezarf

Maybe a silly observation, but I've found lubing the threads on the cap from time to time, making sure they're clean and just a touch of lube makes it pierce easier...but some of my guns don't get shot very often and things may dry out.

with657

Thank you for all advices. I open the gun today, seal is good, same as new.
So, I think this is due to catridge itself. Since I used one from Umarex, after then I bought Crosman catridge since it has deal in amazon.
I will try Red Rock, thank you for the info.

Also I learned important thing. "if it cannot make puncture in the first dry fire, just try dry fire again without tightening further."
now two 2300S.