One-handed shooting

Started by with657, March 20, 2021, 04:23:23 AM

jkingrph

Quote from: with657 on March 21, 2021, 05:26:28 PM
Thank you for the tip. I already use "Prohands" for a long time.. Actually my another hobby is playing bass. Strong finger and independency is very important for a bassist.

I will try with the plastic bag from grocery , filled with heavy stuff, then put it on the fore arm...

Chan

I hope you do not mean a grocery bag with heavy items inside and hanging from your forearm,  Pendulum effect will affect shooting drastically  Maybe it you are just using it for weight lifting purposes, ok.

T191032

with657,

Sent ya a Private message.
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

49Panhead

Balance is an issue in shooting one handed as is the fit of your grip. That 'muzzle brake' is just a barrel weight to improve the balance.
I'm still breaking in my 2300s, but I find it's balance and fit are to my liking. I'm one of the 'chronologically challenged' group as well.
Has anyone actually installed an aluminum breech? If so, how did it work out?
:)

with657

Quote from: T191032 on April 06, 2021, 05:10:10 PM
with657,

Sent ya a Private message.
Thank you so much for the nice tip for one hand practicing. I appreciated.
Enjoying the world of air gun..
now two 2300S.

with657

Quote from: 49Panhead on April 06, 2021, 10:40:07 PM
Balance is an issue in shooting one handed as is the fit of your grip. That 'muzzle brake' is just a barrel weight to improve the balance.
I'm still breaking in my 2300s, but I find it's balance and fit are to my liking. I'm one of the 'chronologically challenged' group as well.
Has anyone actually installed an aluminum breech? If so, how did it work out?
No, I have not tried yet. They do not make the breech with hidden screw location, and I read some review of quality issue..
Thank you for the tip of "balancing" Do you think balancing is more important than the weight? If so, where should be the center of mass (COM) in ideal case?
I imagine, COM should be near the where trigger located. right? 
Enjoying the world of air gun..
now two 2300S.

Multigunner

A good substitute for dumbells is a large detergent bottle with handle that you can fill with water to suit the weight you want, I suggest twice the weight of your pistol.
Raise and lower the bottle in the same manner you'd raise a pistol. Once you achieve a good level of muscle tension just practice with the pistol.
A weighted wrist band is another option. These you can wear all day till you [/youtube] notice you have it on.

PS
I made a bracket for a small pocket size maglight which I mounted under the frame of my 78g. The added weight in front of the trigger guard stabilized the gun perfectly and made snap shooting small rats easy. I'd just swing the light around till there was a reflection from their beady little eyes and bang no more rat.

Mislaid the light and bracket years ago I need to make another.

T191032

I remember Rualert suggesting a milk jug with water many moons ago, same concept.  The detergent bottle would be a little more 'stout' with water in it.   :-*

"A good substitute for dumbells is a large detergent bottle with handle that you can fill with water to suit the weight you want, I suggest twice the weight of your pistol.
Raise and lower the bottle in the same manner you'd raise a pistol. Once you achieve a good level of muscle tension just practice with the pistol."
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

49Panhead

My understanding is that a pistol should be a bit 'barrel heavy' in order to counteract recoil and complement your natural grip. Since recoil is not much of an issue with most of the pistols we are discussing, I would suppose that you would want CoM a tad forward of the trigger. I'll check out my 2300 and see, the 1377 is being reworked and not a good test subject for now.
I'm just getting back into offhand shooting after years of shooting PB pistols off a bench so it's a relearning process. Keeps a chronologically challenged guy entertained.

Multigunner

Both my 78g and my Mk1 seem butt heavy to me. Mounting the flashlight on the 78g put the COM in just the right place.

A simple trick I learned long ago is to raise the gun till the sights are on target, if you throw down on the target or even lower slowly you can end up under shooting.
You also have a better view of the target before bringing sights to bear.

When the pistol has a grip similar to an autoloader the US Army method of gripping the 1911 comes in handy. You use the middle finger to firmly draw the grip back towards the web of the thumb. The third finger grips with little force simply as a stabilizer and the little finger simply lays on the grip with no force at all.