Airgun Depot shipping

Started by mikld, May 14, 2021, 08:30:26 PM

mikld

I just opened an order I placed with Airgun Depot. Placed order on the 4th, and it arrived on the 14th, 10 days ain't bad these days. But I was really impressed with the packaging. I ordered 2, 250 count tins of Gamo pellets and a 25 cartridge box of CO2. The pellet tins were packed in form fitting, heavy foam blocks, tightly taped together (!). The box of cartridges' was wedged in a corner of a cardboard box with heavy wrapping paper, securely. I am a new airgunner and have been ordering supplies from several different vendors and I have a lot of experience ordering reloading components on line (I live in a small town and shooting supplies are almost non existent). I am really impressed with Airgun Depot's shipping and will probably do most of my future business with them. The small things can make a BIG difference...

jkingrph

I placed an order for a Hawke scope from Optics Planet May 10, late in the day and it arrived today, UPS surepost. The USPS tracking number was screwed up /entered wrong and showed as delivered somewhere in INdiana on Feb 11, instead of here in E Texas.
Airguns of Arizone seems to have good shipping,  UPS from Pyramid is awful.

Sweller

AofA is my preferred source for pellets. They've never disappointed me. Once they filled an order for free that had been on backorder for a month.

They seem to understand customer service very well.
Stephen Weller
American.
Veteran.
Patriot.

RetatCDude

Quote from: mikld on May 14, 2021, 08:30:26 PM
I just opened an order I placed with Airgun Depot. Placed order on the 4th, and it arrived on the 14th, 10 days ain't bad these days. But I was really impressed with the packaging. I ordered 2, 250 count tins of Gamo pellets and a 25 cartridge box of CO2. The pellet tins were packed in form fitting, heavy foam blocks, tightly taped together (!). The box of cartridges' was wedged in a corner of a cardboard box with heavy wrapping paper, securely. I am a new airgunner and have been ordering supplies from several different vendors and I have a lot of experience ordering reloading components on line (I live in a small town and shooting supplies are almost non existent). I am really impressed with Airgun Depot's shipping and will probably do most of my future business with them. The small things can make a BIG difference...

Except Airgun Depot is in Utah...10 days to cross two states...
Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL

mikld

There's a lot more to shipping an order than distance. In my town it used to take 5 days to get a letter 4 miles from the post office. Receiving the order, processing the order (checking inventory, checking cost/price), assigning a shipping method (Haz Mat, Corrosive, Flammable, Poison, etc, ?), picking and packing order, assigning a shipper, waiting for shipper to take control of the package, than the actual moving the package, often through several different terminals and vehicles to end up at the final destination. Maybe half has to do with the vendor...

RetatCDude

In just about all cases you get a shipping notification when the label is printed.
If printed on Friday, that package is going anywhere til Monday..
Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL