How to ensure effortless pellet loading with steel breech

Started by point177, May 22, 2021, 08:09:36 PM

point177

I am wondering if there is anything that you folks are doing (and I am not) to ensure effortless pellet loading on a 1377 or 2300S with a steel breech.
The pellets are dome heads but I sometimes also use flat heads. The pellets have to be cajoled and encouraged to enter the breech.
The pellet probes are what came with the steel breech, could the probes be a problem.
Pellet loading with the plastic breeches is definitely much, much easier and care free. 

Brutuz

My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

Rezarf

I do the opposite on my 2300T and 1701P - muzzle up, drop the pellet skirt on the probe/bolt head. Slides in beautifully. Since I don't have a magnet on the bolt, muzzle up keeps the bolt back and out of the way.

CraigH

Some point up, some point down, some seal up the 4-48 breech screw head with wax or crayon.

Another solution (for future reference) is to purchase the 2300S and 2300T breeches and attendant parts instead of the kits.   And since I do not use the included bolt/probe (but rather the Mellon flow-through bolt/probe), I do not add to my collection of non-used parts.    :D

The 2300 (S & T) use the rear positioned 4-48 breech screw.   Installation is slightly different but not difficult once order of operations is know.

2300S - Part # AS2250-025   --   This is the long breech   --   $29.70
2300T - Part # 2300-047     ----   This is the short breech  --   $26.80

Rear screw is Part # AS2250-015  --  $1.15
Rear plug is Part # AS2250-020  ---   $5.75   (Pricey little thing --  I usually forget to install at first!)

Hope this is useful.    :)
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

point177

Tried muzzle up and down on the pumper with dome heads. Both work. Like I said, its me and not the Crosmans.

Manish

point177

Unfortunately for me these options are not available so I have to make do with whats available and hope and pray, the ordered part reaches me.
Paying excess money as shipping and duties hurts at times for a while but the joy these Crosmans give me is way too high so its all worth it.

Thanks for the info though,

Manish
Quote from: CraigH on May 22, 2021, 08:46:43 PM
Some point up, some point down, some seal up the 4-48 breech screw head with wax or crayon.

Another solution (for future reference) is to purchase the 2300S and 2300T breeches and attendant parts instead of the kits.   And since I do not use the included bolt/probe (but rather the Mellon flow-through bolt/probe), I do not add to my collection of non-used parts.    :D

The 2300 (S & T) use the rear positioned 4-48 breech screw.   Installation is slightly different but not difficult once order of operations is know.

2300S - Part # AS2250-025   --   This is the long breech   --   $29.70
2300T - Part # 2300-047     ----   This is the short breech  --   ????

Rear screw is Part # AS2250-015  --  $1.15
Rear plug is Part # AS2250-020  ---   $5.75   (Pricey little thing --  I usually forget to install at first!)

Hope this is useful.    :)

Garmic

Prefer hollow probes, they tend to keep the pellet square to the bore.

CraigH

Quote from: Garmic on May 23, 2021, 05:08:28 PM
Prefer hollow probes, they tend to keep the pellet square to the bore.

Likewis - would be nice if Crosman went back to that style.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

CraigH

I added the price of the Crosman short steel breech in my post above (Reply #3).

It's $26.80.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

cherokeesteve

I use a couple drops of melted black crayon on the top of the screw head (as mentioned). Works wonders and when in need of removing the screw, the tool used (be it Allen wrench or screwdriver) easily scrapes the wax out of the way.
I'm like a lactating mother...I don't mind pumping

1377 w/green dot/laser, 2240 modded, T4 modded, 2289 modded, M4-177 modded, 2400 KT in CO2 and HPA.