First time posting in a long time

Started by Wayne52 †, December 19, 2021, 11:09:51 AM

Wayne52 †

Some of you may know that I cast all my own ammo, I recently cast up a bunch of wadcutters and decided to make a label for the tin, I used a large JSB tin after stripping off the original labels.  I was low on the wadcutters so I really needed to cast up a bunch for the snowy winter months coming, I'll still be outdoors as much as possible for squirrel hunting with my pcp's though, I've bought a lot of them since last posting on this forum and really have been having fun with my latest AEA craze.

here's the label

as soon as I get set up to do some indoor shooting (when I get a newer pellet trap) I'll do a video shooting one of my targets with my Ted Williams co2 pistol

I've also gotten a few nice S&W 78G's since I've posted here last as well, very nice guns.

Modified Prod, 2300T, 2240 & 38T, bunch of Crosman 150's including a Ted Williams and a S&W78G

CraigH

Looks great, Wayne!     :-*

I cannot image my lack of dexterity getting molten lead into those small holes.     :(
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Wayne52 †

Thanks Craig and Mudduck
Quote from: CraigH on December 19, 2021, 01:13:24 PM
Looks great, Wayne!     :-*

I cannot image my lack of dexterity getting molten lead into those small holes.     :(
I've used the pressure pour method since I first started casting for muzzle loaders, especially for the skirted mini balls for my Remington Zouave 58 cal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GhOVDGmdRQ&ab_channel=Giant056
Modified Prod, 2300T, 2240 & 38T, bunch of Crosman 150's including a Ted Williams and a S&W78G

1377x

i tried my hand at making .25 pelletss for my .25acp pcp using a beeman pellet mold one at a time.
pita, lol
closed mouths dont get fed

jkingrph

Quote from: Wayne52 on December 19, 2021, 11:09:51 AM
Some of you may know that I cast all my own ammo, I recently cast up a bunch of wadcutters and decided to make a label for the tin, I used a large JSB tin after stripping off the original labels.  I was low on the wadcutters so I really needed to cast up a bunch for the snowy winter months coming, I'll still be outdoors as much as possible for squirrel hunting with my pcp's though, I've bought a lot of them since last posting on this forum and really have been having fun with my latest AEA craze.

here's the label

as soon as I get set up to do some indoor shooting (when I get a newer pellet trap) I'll do a video shooting one of my targets with my Ted Williams co2 pistol

I've also gotten a few nice S&W 78G's since I've posted here last as well, very nice guns.

I picked up a couple of those 78's and had them resealed.  Fantastic guns.  I have a S&W M 41  .22LR target pistol and these feel very similar to it .   What kind of molds are you using and where do you purchase them?  How many cavities per mold and how do you make the hollow base.   I have a big 58 cal mold for a Civil War Minie ball, and that is a single cavity job, nose pour with a big insert that has to be removed to get the freshly cast bullet out of the mold( or it comes out when you open the mold and then tap it out of the ball)

Wayne52 †

I've got most of the NOE molds for airguns in .22 and .25 caliber.  Personally I like the 2 cavity brass ones because of quality of the cast however I do have some aluminum molds. The pellet molds come with 3 sets of pins which determine the weight of the pellets.  The designer of most of the molds is Bob Sterne (from Canada) who's a retired mechanical engineer however the manufacturer of the molds is NOE from Utah. Al (Swede) is the owner of NOE and is very easy to get hold of on the phone (especially in the AM hours est) and as of yet they haven't been successful with .177 cal because the cutters are just too fragile and don't hold up. NOE does have a forum too which is nice and very informative for adjusting and taking care of the molds as well.  I think most of the volume he does is for powder burner stuff however he's been doing fair for keeping up with the demands for airgun molds as well.  Usually when people post in the forum enough Al tries to get on top of the biggest demands for different molds for airguns and he always eventually makes more molds.  You really have to watch the website for buying molds closely because the airgun molds sell very fast every time they make a run on them.  They, also make a good assortment of airgun slugs as well.  The only bad mold that I've ever bought from them was the very first one which has long since been discontinued and pretty much every one after that has been a great success since.  I only use 99.9% pure lead for all my airgun stuff which is what they recommend for all their airgun molds, I've tried using commercial pellets melted down but never had much success with them.

NOE forums:  https://noebulletmolds.com/smf/

NOE website: https://noebulletmolds.com/site/