Boards quiet or just me?

Started by Rualert, December 31, 2021, 12:27:32 AM

Rualert

Just a random question, as I have been out of the game so to speak for a bit since I was moved to Colorado, but it appears that in the past couple of years the boards have gone a lot quieter, and many have disappeared. It even seems here has gotten a little quieter, I have missed out on a lot it seems, as there are now many more big bores, and even full-blown repeaters. I just got tied up in finding a reasonable place to shoot regularly other than local ranges, so I may have slipped into PRS a bit.
Well, I'm back after my favorite hobby again not that I'm dropping the RPS playtime, but this costs a lot less, and I can replicate the same difficulty at shorter ranges especially in the CO wind.

Casey

KevinP

Hi Casey, yes slowed down a bit ...
Kevin
Albany, New York

RetatCDude

We are getting tired of answering the same old questions for people who don't know how (or don't want to) to their own research.
Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL

Brutuz

And the social media is easier for a lot of people.
You'd be surprised to learn that a lot of people do not have a computer anymore, only a phone.
A lot of forums slowed down.
Another forum I co-admin is slower too.
Another forum I admin is as dead as a door-nail.
This forum will stay for as long as I can admin it, it is a great resource that should not be lost.
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

DHunter

These phpBB forums sure work better than something like facebook though, as the phpBB forum allows more formatting, inlining pictures, searching, categorizing, etc..  Facebook seems to think nothing more than a couple of weeks old matters anymore.  I'm on a couple of very active phpBB computer-related forums.  I have not checked out GTA recently, because it was so active that using it was like trying to drink from a fire hose, which is why I like this forum for more focus, so I don't have to wade through material about all kinds of AGs I'm not interested in.  I wouldn't doubt if GTA has diminished slightly too.  I suppose Christmas and the winter weather has probably made a temporary reduction in AG forum activity too.

Rezarf

Quote from: RetatCDude on December 31, 2021, 01:19:55 AM
We are getting tired of answering the same old questions for people who don't know how (or don't want to) to their own research.

Personally, I found this forum when I was doing research. It's a great resource, and put new life into my Crosman guns. I go quiet on this board when I divert to other guns (working on a regulator on the Hatsan AT44, solving a leak, same on the BSA R10), so I go off to other gun specific boards when I can find them. Yeah, we answer the same questions, but we never stop learning, either. Just yesterday I was sorting 9MM brass by headstamps, and found a strange what-looked-to-be-Arabic characters on a casing. Research found it to be a Browning trademark logo - you just had to hold it differently and you could make it out. Learn something every day - pester everyone! Love this board. Thanks, Brutuz, for all your and all the support moderators work, and Happy New Year!  :-*

Rualert

Thanks all, and especially you Brutuz for keeping the place alive and kicking. I started here as a newbie and worked my way up. Did I ask some questions that may have been already answered, probably but the group here put up with most of the questions and helped me until I was able to help by giving back. I'm saddened to see those we have lost the last couple of years but I have also still been working on both air and powder guns.
I am getting back deeper into the air side since prices have gone insane for precision shooting on the powder side. That's not to say precision air equipment has gotten any less expensive you can simply buy a lot more ammo for far less.
I agree some people might only have a phone so if I can help out perhaps making the forum easier for phone users just let me know and I understand that we who are still working full time have much less time but will offer what I can.
Nice to hear some feedback about things and I agree that the GTA can be a lot and if you're Crosman specific this is one of the best resource's on the web.

Check back soon,
Casey

CraigH

A adjective should be added - deathly quiet.

When I joined about 6 years ago, there were some moderators and one specifically, that were right onto project questions, encouraging and assisting with dialog and images.   The forum was very active, things were hopping - one could say hot compared to now.

I have been quite less than ideal for the last year or two, but I do take my share of responsibility for not being active.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

jkingrph

I got back into airguns only a little over a year ago, when my grandson got interested in shooting. I wanted something easier to shoot than my barrel cocker FWB 124, which when I got it out for him to shoot, had a piston seal that had gone bad, so no go then until I got it reworked.   I somehow discovered the Crosman 22xx series, got on here and some other forums and quickly learned how to modify.  Fast forward, then next visit from my son and grandson, the grandson asked if he could have my 2300s and I said let's wait and see.   My son said ok so last summer I started building him a gun.  I picked up one of the 2300T models, polished the piercing pin as a result of my having one sticking in a cartridge, as a precaution, slightly enlarging and angleing the ports in the valve assembly, adding a power adjuster and putting a 1701p trigger under everything.  Getting all the parts took several months over the summer and gave it to him this Christmas, unfortunately could  not be there to see him unwrap it, but saw him on facetime on our ipad, next best thing.  He was excited.  I learned a lot here, but have noticed that  new threads and replies have diminished a lot over the last year, and yes my postings have dropped off a lot, having built enough co2 guns and really have nothing new to add. The forum still has a wealth of information if one will just look.

tinker

Nice to see you back on the forum Casey.  Myself I don't post much of anything anymore but to drop in and see what's going on.
Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

Tater

I still check in here, but I have no where to shoot anymore so I can't add much to the discussions.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

RetatCDude

Tater..
Just go to south side of Chicago.
Shoot all you want.. ;D
Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL

1377x

i used to be very active but live has gotten in the way of fun. from time to time i still check in but as far as airguns go i havent had one in a decade. right now im taking care of my mom trying to make her as comfortable as can be for whatever time she has left. everyday with her is a blessing
closed mouths dont get fed

rangerfredbob

I've been slow on the airgun front for a while, for the last couple years I've been building a workshop on the property which I picked a bad time to build... right now I'm trying to get power to it but catching up on maintenance I've been skipping on since it's a big flat spot with lights and a roof and concrete floor... my only airgunning has been taking out pest birds with my Airgun Venturi Avenger, I think I put a cart through my 1740 last summer though... Once I get my shop permits finalized I'll start settling in more and get work benches set up and get some of my "stuff" in there so I can do more. Right now I just have an extension cord which is enough for lights and some light duty stuff, not enough for my 2hp air compressor... I do have an HPA compressor heading here and a Crosman C362 though, looking forward to that...
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

Rualert

I understand and I too have had an issue finding a good place to shoot since work moved me to Colorado. I have been living in a custom 5th wheel RV for the past three years, and the parks have not allowed me to shoot on their property. I finally just found a reasonable priced shooting range where you pay a flat fee, less then $30.00, and stay as long as you want. So that combined with my daughter, wife and best friend getting me a P-Rod for Christmas.

1377x I understand life happening, and absolutely cherish every day, it's worth it.

With any luck, I will be taking a new position within my company and moving again, this time my house I still own in VA, will be sold and a new place purchased. The wife and I plan to buy our last home, and I'm going to find something with enough room, (land) and a decent house to get my backyard range back again.

Casey

P.S. I may have also found someone close enough out here in Colorado to go have a fun shoot with, so we'll see how that works out.