Help Please

Started by flairgunner77, January 08, 2022, 02:53:07 PM

flairgunner77

I purchased the grip/trigger combination quite some time ago, so long that I can't remember any details or owner guide for the grip. I'm hoping that a member will look at the grip, recognize it, and be able to provide me some info. I've taken the grip off my rat catcher and found a spring sitting on top of the sear.  I can't see a use for it but I am less than mechanical and also hope someone could tell me it's function or whether I can reinstall the grip without the spring 

Thanks in advance - Dave B

fivestar45

Your trigger/grip was made by a guy that went by the name of Blue Fork. I've never owned one, but there is no reason I can think of to have a spring that is trying to disengage the sear from the striker.
My advise, take off the rubber grip and have a look at what is going on I doubt that spring belongs there.

flairgunner77

Thanks for the info. I've looked at their new website and asked them the question about the trigger. By the way, I've separated the grip and trigger. The trigger is milled out of a single block of aluminum - there are no cavities under the sear where that spring could go so you and I and a friend all agree that it has no function where it is. This looks like single stage trigger where you can adjust the trigger length of travel using the Allen headed screw on the top of the trigger. Tight place to work and I'll have to get a straight Allen wrench to tune the trigger once on the tube. Am I going in the right direction.  Thanks again

Looks like it might be a Crosmods lower from around 2010-13.
https://youtu.be/EpVP2ecHdiU
Stranded in California.

crossliner

Yes, CROSMODS.

I have 2 Blue Fork trigger assemblies.

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

flairgunner77

I checked with Blueforks Design. It wasn't their work.  Then went to Crosmods - finally - and there on their triggers page was a picture of my trigger.  So the Crosmods answers win and I was just too slow to look at their web site. Sometimes us old folks are slow learners. So thanks to all who posted.  I'll send Crosmods an email this afternoon and post any updates on the spring.

fivestar45

A learning curve. Never knew that A R grip frames for the 22xx's were made by two co's.
Glad some other folks chimed in to help you get things figured out.

crossliner

Quote from: flairgunner77 on January 13, 2022, 06:46:07 PM
I checked with Blueforks Design. It wasn't their work.  Then went to Crosmods - finally - and there on their triggers page was a picture of my trigger.  So the Crosmods answers win and I was just too slow to look at their web site. Sometimes us old folks are slow learners. So thanks to all who posted.  I'll send Crosmods an email this afternoon and post any updates on the spring.

That spring is supposed to be under the sear and not on top of it.

Davio

Quote from: crossliner on January 18, 2022, 07:52:42 PM

That spring is supposed to be under the sear and not on top of it.
INDEED!   ;D
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

flairgunner77

Stopped back in today to see if there is any thing new going on and I have a couple of questions/comments.

The board seems real quiet - is this function of winter or that there are no new mods to complete?

I've written a couple of emails to Crosmods about my trigger grip sold by them but have heard nothing in reply. Does anyone know if they are still in business? If so, their evident lack interest to customer queries is a strange way to build a business so I'm done with them. I bought a new spring at Ace Hardware and will work on cutting it down to the right length and mounting the grip.  Will update this board with results.

In contrast to Crosmod is this new site called buck-rail.com. I bought a couple of items and was super pleased with their prices and the free shipping. Items were 3d printed and are pretty nicely done

The site can be viewed, but it has not been functional for a long time.
Stranded in California.