Optic for SSP-250?

Started by Bark-eater, May 20, 2022, 02:28:18 PM

Bark-eater

I'm dusting off a SSP-250 and want to put some sort of optic on it.  I will actually be shooting silhouettes informally in the backyard. The guns .22 right now but I have the .20 barrel and seal in a crate some where.  I think this is the SSP-250 that came to me tuned, but I have another in carbine form that might have the hot valve. I'll be sitting down with a Chrony at some point and the rest of my parts when they resurface and getting the gun dialed in.

I have the original Crosman pistol scope, but it's junk.   I was thinking a 2 MOA red dot would work, but I haven't found anything around a $100 that will mount on the round top SSP-250 breech.

It looks like BSA makes a pistol scope that might work.  https://bsaoptics.com/product/edge-3/

Its got a 50yd parallax, but at 2x that's probably manageable.   I have some intention of rolling around on the ground Creedmoor and Dead-frog style, so I'm a little concerned about adding eye relief to my yoga routine.  I also have a couple Daisy 7x7 pistols that will cover "serious" open sight shooting.   

Any suggestions? Thanks, Woody

Rezarf

Looked at an ssp-250 (don't have one) and it looks to me like any "arched" scope mount will work - if the grooves in the side of the breech will actually secure a scope. I have several medium and high mounts that  have a good amount of space over the securing arms of the mount; especially the ones that are advertised as having the ability to still use the iron sights with the scope mounted. Aside from that, I have an NC Star pistol scope that's a 2-7x 32 variable with a clear picture and nice field of view on my Marauder pistol, and a Simmons 4X32 Prohunter that I don't currently have mounted, but is also a good clear scope, and very light. With my eyes, 2X doesn't do me much good. I need the target up close and personal!

Multigunner

I have an SSP-250. I got it NOS from a sale of leftovers of a store who's owner went blind and left the business.
Anyway I had intended to customize the gun, and even obtained the parts to convert it to a .22 carbine ,but after firing it as is I found its balance and grip perfect for my hand and accuracy has been phenomenal.
Can't recommend a scope. I find it most enjoyable to use open sights.

The SSP-250 is a class act all the way.

Bark-eater

I found a UTG rail that should work with my 20 year old BSA red dot. I'm realy after a 2 moa Ultra dot clone, but most red dots  seem to haveg one to an integral mounting. 

https://leapers.com/index.php?act=prod_detail&itemno=MNT-DTW145

crossliner

crossliner

Rezarf

Tricked-out and beautiful, Crossliner! And the bouquet behind it aint bad either!  ;D

crossliner

I have several SSP-250's.  You can find rings that will fit over the receiver hump or you can file it flat.
Stranded in California.

flairgunner77