1322 - Ph 2 - Alchemy Trigger recommendation?

Started by Underdog, June 30, 2022, 09:11:15 PM

Underdog

Hey guys,
I'm back from a long hiatus.
Thanks to Eric's contribution of a steel breech, I got my 1322 working decent. Thanks Eric!

Now, years later, I'm back to getting just a little more oomph out of this thing.
I'm fixing to order an RP valve and an adjustable sear spring from Alchemy, but I also want to order a trigger that's more comfortable than the stock trigger.
Which of these triggers is reasonable but more comfortable than that thin stock trigger?
http://www.alchemyairwerks.com/store/c12/Triggers_%2F_Shoes.html

And can you tell me where I might find a better rear sight than the plastic one? It's easily bumped out of place.

JMJinNC

I make "waffle" trigger shoes for my target gun, so I'd say the ribbed Alchemy trigger would be the closest thing.

Archer Airguns had a notch rear sight that was supposed to fit the Crosman breech.

JMJinNC
John

Underdog

Thanks for the response! That's a sweet looking pistol you have there.

I was hoping for a recommend for one of the <$20 triggers though.
This stock trigger is ~1/8 thick overall, but just a tad over that at the tip. And it's quite uncomfortable.

I can't tell if the $13-$14 triggers are thicker than that because David Grimes doesn't say:
http://www.alchemyairwerks.com/store/p8/Model_PolishedNoVents.html

I emailed him a couple of days ago, but haven't heard back..
Time to call him again I guess.

I'm looking at the only rear sight that I can find at Archer, but I don't think it fits an old 1322...
https://www.archerairguns.com/Iron-Sights-s/61.htm
Suppose they discontinued the one you mention?

crossliner

No, they are not thicker.

If you have  Crosman Custom Shop gun you can order a trigger shoe from Crosman for $5.00

I was able to buy some from them in black and red.

The best-feeling trigger is the Roller Trigger.

I have 4 of them.

Underdog

What's a Crosman Custom Shop gun?

I suppose that shoe won't fit my older phase-2 1322.

JMJinNC

My apologies, I thought you had a steel breech.

Jmj
John

crossliner

Quote from: Underdog on July 01, 2022, 08:11:10 PM
What's a Crosman Custom Shop gun?

I suppose that shoe won't fit my older phase-2 1322.

It was like a designer shop Crosman used to have, and where you can order MRODs,13xx, and 22xx guns with different breeches, barrels, grips, stocks, etc...

Underdog

Quote from: JMJinNC on July 01, 2022, 09:12:27 PM
My apologies, I thought you had a steel breech.

Jmj

Actually it does. Eric gave me a steel breech, and I replaced the old plastic one that didn't work so well.

I'm not sure it's a Crosman breech or whether someone manufactured it though.
It doesn't have the small screw hole that should be just aft of the breech seal port.

Underdog

Sorry about the rust... the thing has been sitting in my sunroom for a while, and it gets humid in there.
I need to take this thing apart and re-apply some bluing or paint, and then keep it oiled.

flairgunner77

Nice pistol.  Where did you buy the barrel band and bipod legs or are they fabricated by you. Great work!

Dave B