Crosman 2300S custom shop trigger

Started by flairgunner77, July 05, 2022, 04:26:42 PM

KevinP

WOW Frank.... a little harsh perhaps ?  ???
Kevin
Albany, New York

crossliner

Quote from: KevinP on July 11, 2022, 02:04:07 PM
WOW Frank.... a little harsh perhaps ?  ???

It's nothing  ;D

I think mine is the best, and he thinks his is, so no problem  :-*

RetatCDude

No.
I do not think mine is the best.
I have no opinion on any of them.
I don't compare and I don't reccommend.

IDNGAS!
Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL

crossliner

Quote from: RetatCDude on July 11, 2022, 05:45:52 PM
No.
I do not think mine is the best.
I have no opinion on any of them.
I don't compare and I don't reccommend.

IDNGAS!

Whatever, lol!

jkingrph

Quote from: RetatCDude on July 05, 2022, 04:51:09 PM
I have the original trigger
I put the super sear in and it performed very nice but
The safety didn't work
I took out the super sear and the safety works properly

I just plink with the 2300 so the original trigger is fine for me.
I put super sear in several. I did polish the surfaces on the sear that contact the hammer and trigger, and on a couple used the roller trigger,  I also installed metal safety pins, and all work fine.  The safety is actually a trigger block, I cannot understand why it is not working for you.
I took out the super sear and the safety works properly

I also installed the 1701p trigger in a few and it is nice because of the adjustments but you can "adjust" it to the point where it does not work.  You also have to use a non fluted hammer or fill the flute on your 22XX type with something like jb weld.

RetatCDude

As you just said, "I took out the super sear and the safety works fine."
That is what I said.

But I want a working safety for when the pistol goes to others when I am gone.

My wife will probably just toss it in the trash, anyway.
Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL

Rezarf

Hey retatdude - put a note in the case to send the guns to rezarf when you expire. I'll pay postage and handling! :D

jkingrph

Quote from: flairgunner77 on July 08, 2022, 01:04:37 AM
Thanks. I have a roller trigger I bought some time ago and I welcome the info on the supersear as that might have been my next option. Perhaps just best to get out the 600 grit and polish things up, then call it finished.  Thanks for the input.  I hope to be up and running for the 5m target summer event. If not with the 2300, I'll use another pistol in my collection.

Dave B

I went much finer than 600 grit on my supersears. I used a hard Arkansas stone, and since the surfaces/engagements are much more crude than a good trigger in a fine firearm, I hit them with some green polishing compound on a hard felt polishing wheel on a bench grinder, Polished them to a mirror finish and they are smooth.   I would think a roller trigger on even a standard Crosman sear would be an improvement.   I did also polish the hammer with the polishing wheel paying attention to the area where it is held by the sear.

Hoosier Daddy

Dang Rick, I go away for a couple months and all hell breaks loose!
I like my Crosman  ;D
A roller trigger is sweet, but a lot can be done to the original cheap with a little "slickening".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY4Am1odKd8

1377, 1740, H9A, 1701P, "2060" carbine.... plus a whole lot more ;)

Stranded in California.

Rezarf

Thanks, Hoosier Daddy! Nice reference - good to try before you invest some of the aftermarket products.  :)