Requested Pics and a Couple of Questions

Started by cjtamu, October 12, 2022, 04:09:07 AM

cjtamu

Was told y'all like pics, so a couple below. Crosman Custom Shop 2300 .22 with Hawke 1 x 20 red dot and, um, muzzle brake. Crosman 2300S .177 stock except for the Williams FP-GR-TK peep on the rear. Stece Corcoran walnut Sport grips and laminate Target grips were a birthday present courtesy of my lovely wife. Couple of questions:

1) When ordering parts from Crosman last week they told me not to leave the CO2 cartridge in the gun "too long". Someone want to define "too long" for me? I try to shoot all the CO2 out but with the 2300S in particular I'm getting 60+ shots and sometimes (like tonight) I was only able to shoot about 25 pellets before I had to quit. Overnight okay? I always put a drop of oil on my fingertip and lightly wipe the nozzle end of the cartridge before inserting.

2) Wondering about the rush to 2-stage triggers. Both of these guns have adjustable triggers and are breaking at 3 lb. in Custom gun and 3.5 lb. in the 2300S. They remind of the triggers in PCP guns in that I can feel a little compression before the trigger is ready to break. For me it functions like the first stage and I get it there then break it when ready. I have the trigger over travel set to the bare minimum and have been very happy with how I've shot so far. Will the better 2-stage triggers feel like the triggers in my Weihrauch or Diana springers where there's a solid wall and then it breaks cleanly from there? Those triggers have ZERO creep and I love it. Or will I still feel that little bit of creep when I enter the 2nd stage? I have a .22 Walther Maximathor that's a fine shooting gun with a 2-stage trigger. But there's a little creep when you enter the 2nd stage and it has to be accounted for. I end up shooting it much like I described the Crosman triggers. I think I'd rather stay with single-stage if there's going to be creep in the 2nd. Thanks.

farrlarr

Quote from: cjtamu on October 12, 2022, 04:09:07 AM
Was told y'all like pics, so a couple below. Crosman Custom Shop 2300 .22 with Hawke 1 x 20 red dot and, um, muzzle brake. Crosman 2300S .177 stock except for the Williams FP-GR-TK peep on the rear. Stece Corcoran walnut Sport grips and laminate Target grips were a birthday present courtesy of my lovely wife. Couple of questions:

1) When ordering parts from Crosman last week they told me not to leave the CO2 cartridge in the gun "too long". Someone want to define "too long" for me? I try to shoot all the CO2 out but with the 2300S in particular I'm getting 60+ shots and sometimes (like tonight) I was only able to shoot about 25 pellets before I had to quit. Overnight okay? I always put a drop of oil on my fingertip and lightly wipe the nozzle end of the cartridge before inserting.

Nice guns!  There really isn't much need to worry about leaving a cartridge in the gun, nor is there any need to shoot out all of the C02 before ending a shooting session.  I have left partially filled cartridges in a number of different pistols and rifles for months (and occasionally longer!) and had absolutely no problems when going back to shot them again.  Just be sure to put a drop of Pellgun oil, or your preferred substitute, on the tip of each cartridge.  I think that is better than simply wiping your oiled fingertip across it but that isn't based on any empirical knowledge.
Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."

Brutuz

My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

KevinP

Nice lookers !!!! I put a drop of oil every other one.... leave charged till it runs out, sometimes a long time....
If your happy with a trigger and how it functions than it's good for you !!!!! BUT .. if your someone like me, you just ,must, try everything out there !!  ;D ;D
Kevin
Albany, New York

cjtamu

Thanks, fellas. We'll see KevinP. Pretty happy with the triggers right now. Giving a friend of mine a 2240XL for Christmas. I assume it doesn't have the adjustable trigger so maybe we'll use his gun as a Guinea pig ha!

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

rangerfredbob

I've yet to get any of the nicer trigger frames for these, I just lighten the sear spring... but those look sharp for sure!

I've left a cart in my 1760 carbine for months or a year, the hardest part is if they leak out and stick to the piercing tip or cart seal. I imagine they mention it for safety reasons...
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

RetatCDude

After I shoot the 2300S, one shot or twenty, the cartridge is discarded.
Crosman 2300s
Crosman 2240XL

farrlarr

Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Jappie91

The laminate target grips are really pretty. Nice birthday present! :-*

I have left the CO2 cartridge in the gun a couple of times now when I don't have the time to completely finish it. I didn't run into any problems yet.

Jasper
NLD

Crosman 2240 (modded)
Benjamin Marauder Pistol

cjtamu

Best things about the laminate target grips is they helped me shoot better. You need to get the correct size for your hands. Hold is more stable and my finger is in just right position on trigger. I prefer them to the Sport grips on the other pistol. Folks with smaller hands like the Sport grips better.