2300S vs 2289 breech..

Started by Simplemann, November 26, 2022, 08:39:16 PM

Simplemann

Since there are a few of us 2300S owners here I have another question. I've noticed when I take the spent CO2 cartridge out I notice a ticking sound coming from the tube anyone else notice this or might have an idea of what it could be?? The pistol shoots fine it just make a noise when I remove the spent CO2 cartridge  ???

rangerfredbob

Sometimes the piercing tip of the exhaust valve gets stuck in the cart when you shoot it all the way down to low pressure so the noise is the valve stem going back to it's spring rest position, nothing to be worried about. Normally if you stop shooting when you notice a significant drop in POI instead of going all the way down it won't happen. Sometimes the cart's even get stuck in the tube which can be fun.
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

Simplemann

Quote from: rangerfredbob on December 04, 2022, 07:30:11 PM
Sometimes the piercing tip of the exhaust valve gets stuck in the cart when you shoot it all the way down to low pressure so the noise is the valve stem going back to it's spring rest position, nothing to be worried about. Normally if you stop shooting when you notice a significant drop in POI instead of going all the way down it won't happen. Sometimes the cart's even get stuck in the tube which can be fun.

Hmm interesting I do shoot till its pretty much gone. I shoot usually 100 pellets a cartridge, Ill try backing down to around 60 and see if that makes a difference. Thanks for your input/suggestion  :-*

Simplemann

Well JFEO I put 70 shots through one  CO2 cartridge and the ticking sound is still there  ??? I know I said I would shoot 60 pellets through one cartridge but I couldn't help myself  ;D I'll try a lower count next time. Its just weird that it would be ticking like that I'm wondering want could still be under pressure ??? The valve assembly is the only thing I can think of, but from what?? The CO2 cartridge is out  :o

jkingrph

Not exactly what I call fun.  I had that happen on two different guns, and had to disassemble them to get the valve with the stuck cart out.  Acutally had to hold the valve in a padded vise and twist the cart off the piercing stem with a pair of vise grip pliers.  I noticed some fine mill marks on the piercing stems and stoned them smooth then polished to a mirror finish. Have not had a stuck cart since doing this.

As for loading pellets, I find that flat nose wad cutters tend to try to jam on that little screw that holds the breech to the action tube( is that the right term)  round or pointed pellets seem to feed smoother, but I like the candle wax to smooth things out there, works great.

rangerfredbob

Whenever I've had a stuck cart I've just taken the end cap off and taken a good 2" swing with the gun at a 2x4 or something convenient to jar it loose, but yes they can get pretty stuck...
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

Simplemann

I put 60 pellets through and it seems to have helped quite a bit so I'll go to 55 but no less and see what happens.

jkingrph

I tried muzzle up, muzzle down, and wax helped the most, makes it very smooth.

pecor

Install some shims under the screw so it sits flush with the breech ;)  Problem Solved  :-* 

Mike660

I've used a little beeswax in the hole to smooth loading of the pellet. No issues so far

Kenj

This might help on the bay.

Kenj

Sorry